1187 replies to this topic

#1181 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'd rather the Garrick than the Duchess to be honest, I thought the Duchess was just a bit too small for this show.

#1182 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1404 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Rock of Ages on Broadway plays at the Helen Hayes which is a similar size to the Duchess so it could have downsized for that theatre. They probably have to downsize anyway for the Garrick unless the current set can fit.

#1183 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Sorry for not being able to keep up with this thread. This topic only caught my interest as I recall reading a while back that Rock of Ages was to close. Is it closing or is it to my understanding it is simply transfering to another theatre?

#1184 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

It's moving theatres. Closing at the Shaftesbury on January 6th, reopening at the Garrick on January 18th.

#1185 woodpusher

woodpusher

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:SOLT/BECTU book, beer, plywood and ropes

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostJon, on 13 November 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Rock of Ages on Broadway plays at the Helen Hayes which is a similar size to the Duchess so it could have downsized for that theatre. They probably have to downsize anyway for the Garrick unless the current set can fit.

The Helen Hayes has a larger auditorium (60 more seats) and stage than the Duchess.  When you talk of size; do you mean bums on seats or stage size?

I would think a major issue would be reduced pay for the Company as the Duchess or Garrick would send the Equity grades down a notch?

http://www.solt.co.u...tre-Artists.pdf

#1186 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

I know next to nothing about cast contracts, but do you think there's the possibility that some of them may choose not to sign/renew with the new theatre?

If the contracts do have to be signed again, I reckon Cordi should push for an alternate Sherrie show!

#1187 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

I would have thought it was built in to the new contracts/renewals given the move had been rumoured before cast change.

#1188 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Cast members had said they'd signed on for another year long before the transfer rumour came out, but that's not to say they didn't already know about it then and it was already in the contract. I'd imagine it would definitely be in the new contracts though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users