1187 replies to this topic

#721 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

I've seen her as Constance a few times so I'm ok with that. I'd love to see her as Justice. I thought Carly played it very well so would love to see Scarlette give it a go! :)

#722 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

I've booked tickets for Rock Of Ages for July the 5th for my birthday! Ashamed to admit I've never actually seen anything in the west end before, this will be my first and I am ridiculously excited! As a big fan of Jodie Jacobs (although I've never actually seen her live, just from youtube videos) I am really looking forward to seeing her perform,although I know from her twitter that she does often take days off because of the strain on her voice, so if she has to take the day of I am going I will be prepared for this ;) really really excited! Has an amazing cast!
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#723 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

Jodie's back in the show tonight after a week's holidays so she should be on on the 5th (unless her voice goes).

#724 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

^Well I have my fingers crossed that her voice doesn't go before then :D
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#725 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hopefully not. She does put a lot of strain on her voice as you'll see when you go! She is amazing in it, they all are! :)

#726 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Saw Amy Thornton in Starlight Express when I was 10, that's how I got interested in Rock Of Ages really, when I found out about the new Starlight Express tour I dug out my old program and googled some of the cast members, I then found the Rock Of Ages website and Amy's twitter, read her tweet about ROA performing on Dancing On Ice, watched it and decided this was a show I definitely wanted to see, took quite a lot of persuasion to get my parents to agree to go (none of my friends are really musical fans) because my mum doesn't really like travelling up to london or going on the underground. Then I didn't mention it for weeks, and my dad called me downstairs one afternoon, to get me to help choose some seats, then they booked! I am so excited :P

#727 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

Amy is fabulous in it, so you should enjoy it.
Its not the best example of a musical by a long way but its super fun and the cast are amazing.

#728 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

:) Amy's half the reason I got interested too, she told me she was auditioning while she was in Grease and I got on YouTube to check it out. I hope you and your parents enjoy the show!

#729 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

The cast are on This Morning today performing Don't Stop Believing

#730 theatremadhatter

theatremadhatter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Did anyone see them on this morning? It was strange not to have Jodie, Nathan or Dylan on it. Was great, Olly's final pose was menacing! Shame about Simon though, he was very flat. He's not a strong singer but I've heard from oter people the sound is really bad at those things which is why so many mime. Glad they didn't mime though. Should be good for the show. Hoping to catch them at west end live tomorrow. Did anyone go today?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users