Oliver Tompsett's name is being linked with The Book Of Mormon

#742 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

A lot of the ROA cast that are leaving in September have been auditioning for Book of Mormon.

#743 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

I think they were hoping the film might help with their box office!

#744 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Which it has from the extra crowds there since the film has been released.

#745 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

Given that the film isn't doing great at the box office, I can't see it helping RoA the show but I think it'll run until the end of its booking period. Wonder what shows are interested in the Shaftesbury?

#746 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

The Committments?   Imelda Staunton in Gypsy?   Memphis?

#747 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Every single thread seems to turn into speculation over what may or may not replace a show. Can we not just talk about the one that's there at the moment?!

The show doesn't seem to be doing badly at all, it gets great word-of-mouth reviews and 9 times out of 10 recently it's been pretty full with a great atmosphere. I do think they will need a name or two once Shayne & Justin leave to keep it going though, they seem to count for a lot of ticket sales.

Anyone heard any names (famous or otherwise) in the running?

#748 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

Thank you Cat for talking some sense. It's definitely busier since the movie was released but I think Shayne is a much bigger draw than Justin. I think it's generated a good fan base now but think for the next year at least they're going to have to play it safe and stunt cast again for Stacee Jaxx and/or Dennis Dupree. Can't happen for Drew as it requires a singer with amazing vocals. Would prefer if it's for Dennis (if they do stunt cast a role) as it just requires an actor who oozes charm and is really funny (like JLC is) and is an OK singer.
Haven't heard any names being mentioned but they have been doing auditions over the past month.

#749 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

I fear for ROA when they come to cast change as I thik the current cast has been incredible, really given the show energy & just the right amount of humour, as well as being amazingly flexible & hardworking (such a musical chairs of roles!)

They will be hard to replace & the future of the show will depend very much on who comes along next.

I'm very excited to hear of Oliver auditioning for BOM though....

#750 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

I do love this cast and as the show itself is not strong am interested to see what cast change might bring.

Though given its rare to see the same cast twice given the terrible bad luck theyve had with injury maybe a change won't be so bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users