1187 replies to this topic

#921 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

They'd have to drag Jodie from the show. It's very rarely if ever full at the Shaftesbury. The upper circle is nearly always closed, even on Saturday nights and there are a huge number of discounts available so it wouldn't be losing 1,000 seat sales every night at full price as most are sold discounted already or don't sell.
Once it stays open I'm OK!

#922 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

If it closed I would cry. Many times. and I've only seen it once. Its just too good to close! Tried to persuade my parents to take me back before cast change (offered to pay myself) but they didn't want to go back so soon, it caused an argument, and in the end I got the warning if I didn't stop going on about it, I'd never be allowed to go again... So I stopped then, but I will return... one day! ;)
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#923 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

Personally I think musicals should have some flexibility in capacity that they are able to offer discounts on quieter shows, in order to attract a bigger audience. I like seeing most musicals, however I'd be going to the WE much less frequently if I could never get discounted tickets - the train fare is just too expensive coupled with having to pay out £50-60 a time for a theatre ticket. Also for new shows that I don't know much about (like ROA before I first went) I'd be much more inclined to go if I could get a discounted ticket, then if I'm not overly impressed then I don't feel I've wasted too much money. I have only seen ROA once, and have been advised to go again as it might grow on me, however as I wasn't overly fussed the first time round I don't think I'll be going in a hurry if I have to pay full price. I'd be interested to know who the new cast are though, as this may influence how quickly I return.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#924 Stageshoot

Stageshoot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Been Confirmed,

Alice Cooper Making Guest Appearance in Rock Of Ages Tuesday Night (14th Aug)

Should be a Good Night...
WWW.STAGESHOOT.CO.UK

Theatre & Concert Photography

#925 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

A lot of the cast confirmed this last week. Not sure what exactly he'll be doing though!

#926 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

The get out?

#927 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Anyone else going?

#928 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Twinnie is Sherrie again on September 4th, and I believe Andy will be Hertz pretty soon too

#929 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Andy was Hertz on Saturday. Twinnie was great as Sherrie but don't really need to see her again in the role so soon.

#930 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

I definitely do! I kinda knew the other weekend she'd get another show but I suspect this really will be the last time! And who knows what her plans are once she finished ROA, could be a while before we see her in a leading role again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users