#951 DeNada

DeNada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Postisabel, on 17 August 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

It's strange how the producers seem to laid back about CC - infact anything ! Whereas Wicked for example have already released their full CC list ..... and their CC isn't until end October.

The cult of Wicked is much larger than the cult of Rock of Ages (by virtue of Wicked being a big success and Rock of Ages not in the same league).  I don't think revealing who will be in the new cast for Rock of Ages will make one jot of a difference to ticket sales, particularly if no stars are going in this time round (Tim Howar and Ross Hunter are not names that shift tickets), whereas the news about Louise Dearman is likely to have more of an impact.

I don't know when ROA's cast change actually is, but I would presume the current cast had a deadline to renew their contracts by (if the team wanted them to stay on) that has long passed.

The Equity minimum at the Duchess is still nearly £500 a week (around £25k a year) - not a huge amount for an actor when factoring in the £2,500 a year to the agent from that, classes etc. but hardly poverty.  I wouldn't have thought "physically living" would be a problem.

#952 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostZippy, on 17 August 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

Anyway it seems Ross Hunter is a definite as the new Drew.

Woohoo this is fab news, hope it is confirmed soon :D :D I love Ross, he was one of my favourite Galileos, and he may just be what I need to give ROA another go. I'll have to try and get there before they move.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#953 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

DeNada, Rock of Ages cast change is only in 6 weeks or so, they are leaving it rather late to announce the new guys.

#954 I Like West End

I Like West End

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

So who is leaving for definite? I'm so confused

#955 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Oliver, Shayne, Justin, Dylan, Jamie, Twinnie, Amy and Zizi are leaving. Everyone else is staying. Ross Hunter will be replacing Oli as Drew.

#956 jactom

jactom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Wish an official annoucement would hurry up!

#957 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

I'm gone past even bothering to check for an announcement anymore. The new cast is being leaked out anyway and we know the new Drew and pretty sure who the new Stacee is so other than that it's just announcing the new Dennis and whoever is replacing the girls.

#958 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

....and Dylan and Jamie.  I'm interested in who replaces these 2, as they will both be Drew understudies

#959 Tinkerbella

Tinkerbella

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hello Rock of Age experts!  :)

I am thinking about day seating this saturday for the evening show & was wondering if anyone had any advice on what time I'd need to get there?
I've had a quick search through this tread but no one seems to have mentioned it recently...

#960 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Box office opens at 10, but for a Saturday I'd advise being there well before then - I'd say between 9 and 9.30 based on personal experience

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users