53 replies to this topic

#51 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

I know I'm very late posting this but I've hardly had time to visit here in the past couple of months. I saw this in Newcastle and thought it worked really well in an arena - although that might be just coz I had floor seating rather than tiered. (I saw Mamma Mia there and didn't think that worked in an arena at all, but I was sat in the side tiers, so that could have been one of the reasons.) I loved the show just as much as in London - although having already seen Brenda as KQ many times I would have loved to have seen Jenna's take on the role instead, having seen her as Scaramouche before. I'm glad Kevin was Pop as he is one of my favourites Pops. I never saw MiG in London, as I only got into the show after he'd left (Peter Johansson was my first Galileo) so was pleased to finally get to see him - I thought he sang the part brilliantly, although from my seat near the front I did think he looked a bit old for the role, especially playing opposite Lauren. I couldn't believe it when I read he's in his 40s!! So I'm pleased to tick him off my list of Galileos, if I've counted properly I think there is only two UK Galileos (excluding understudies) I haven't seen.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#52 Palatio

Palatio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Isnt this being filmed at some point of the tour for dvd release?

#53 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

The tour finished last month...there was no mention of it being filmed.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#54 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

I knew I'd forget to mention something, I always remember things too late! They played "It's a Beautiful Day" as an introduction, before Innuendo, which made me feel like I was at a special show in London! I've never been to an anniversary show so enjoyed hearing it. And then they played Don't Stop Me Now in full as a play-out once the show had ended, and I was told afterwards that it was followed by The Show Must Go On, but I had already left the arena by then, which was a shame, I would have stayed if I knew that was coming. Having already heard part of DSMN in the actual show, I would rather they'd played TSMGO first so I could have heard that as well. Anyway, I thought these extra bits were a good addition to the show, and think they should have them in London.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users