#32 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostBurlyBeaR, on 05 May 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

It is with some trepidation that booked for this at the Manchester Arena. Ive never seen it and I wouldn't describe myself as a Queen fan although I thought they made some great record. More or worrying is that it's starring Curly Watts out of  Coronation Street and Brenda thingy from the X Factor.

Have I made a terrible mistake?

Tickets were only £40 for the front blocks. It's not the full arena either, it's half.

NO YOU HAVE NOT MADE A MISTAKE ha :)  - personally i love We Will Rock You, Queen have some great songs, and while the story is very silly it is very funny, I have not seen kevin kennedy (curly watts) as pop but i believe he is very good, i have seen Brenda as Killer Queen and she was great in it, anyway even if you dont like them they are not huge roles in the show. The lead roles are played by great actors / actresses! Lauren Samules is hilarious as scaramouche and has an amazing voice, Mig is brilliant as gallileo also. The set is not a patch on the west end version as it is obviously a touring show, but it is still a great set!! I think you will have a great time!! when is it on? let me know what you think of it!

#33 BurlyBeaR

BurlyBeaR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thank you, I feel better!
It's on for two nights, 4th and 5th June.

#34 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

ah right, well enjoy! :)

#35 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Jenna Lee James is Killer Queen in Manchester

#36 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

Well thats even better, i saw her as killer queen and preferred her to Brenda, now Brenda was still good but Jenna was much better!!

#37 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

I saw the tour in Amsterdam and enjoyed it. Jenna is a brilliant Killerqueen and I've always loved MiG's Galileo. It's a good night out for sure.

#38 SuperSecretBoyband

SuperSecretBoyband

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Is it likely they'll make a dvd of this tour like they did with Jesus Christ Superstar?
Seen:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (UK tour, Wolverhampton), RENT 20th Anniversary Concert (Stoke-on-Trent), Evita (UK tour, Wolverhampton), Wicked (London), The Commitments (London), Les Miserables (London), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (UK tour, Birmingham)

#39 JME52K

JME52K

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

I saw this today in Sheffield and really enjoyed it. I also saw it in London when it first opened and have twice on tour and wondered if I would find it too remote but it worked really well. Sometimes the band were a little bit overpowering but then again, it is a rock musical :-) . Kevin Kennedy was very funny but MiG was amazing. I can't believe he's 42!

#40 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostSuperSecretBoyband, on 20 May 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Is it likely they'll make a dvd of this tour like they did with Jesus Christ Superstar?

I think it is highly unlikely. They don't seem to be in a rush to release a DVD of the show at all.
We still don't have an official one of the London show which has been around for 11 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users