53 replies to this topic

#41 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

The cast includes Lucie Jones from The X Factor and "I'd Do Anything" contestant Lauren Samuels. Lauren has played Scaramouche at the Dominion quite recently. Jenna Lee-James has been cast as Killer Queen.

#42 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

View Postmystifyre, on 03 June 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

The cast includes Lucie Jones from The X Factor and "I'd Do Anything" contestant Lauren Samuels. Lauren has played Scaramouche at the Dominion quite recently. Jenna Lee-James has been cast as Killer Queen.

Yes, they've been touring for a while already...

#43 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

I shall correct myself that Lauren Samuels was a contestant of "Over The Rainbow" not "I'd Do Anything"! I always get them all mixed up.

#44 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postmystifyre, on 04 June 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I shall correct myself that Lauren Samuels was a contestant of "Over The Rainbow" not "I'd Do Anything"! I always get them all mixed up.

Its not difficult to mix them up - there's a substantial overlap in ages with the Dorothies and the younger Nancies - and an awful lot of talent  there.

#45 BurlyBeaR

BurlyBeaR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Saw I last night in Manchester. Umm......... What to say?

Ok, the performances were good. All of the leads were great. But oh my, the story was lame. Dreadful in fact. I cringed in parts. I appreciate it was deliberate to an extent but shame on Ben Elton for writing that script. I can only imagine the success of this show is ALL about the familiarity of, and love for the songs.

I would not see it again.  

#46 voyagerweb

voyagerweb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostBurlyBeaR, on 05 June 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Saw I last night in Manchester. Umm......... What to say?

Ok, the performances were good. All of the leads were great. But oh my, the story was lame. Dreadful in fact. I cringed in parts. I appreciate it was deliberate to an extent but shame on Ben Elton for writing that script. I can only imagine the success of this show is ALL about the familiarity of, and love for the songs.

I would not see it again.  

Having seen in West End and in Sheffield I would say the story works better in London than in the Arena, the story is lost in the size of the Arena and lack of set pieces.

#47 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Losing the story could only be an improvement

#48 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

I agree that the story is truly god awful, but it is fun, and what it has that, for example 'viva forever' is interesting rearrangements of good songs with very vocally talented performers who rip the hell out of those songs!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#49 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Closes next year
Motown opens

#50 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostJamiem, on 06 June 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Closes next year
Motown opens

Wrong thread for a start, this is the tour thread.  The Dominon's far too big for Motown anyway, and a source for your information would be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users