32 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Does anyone follow WOS on twitter. I've just unfollowed because the number of tweets is excessive and the content doesn't actually give any information. Disappointing. I really don't want a running commentary from an unidentified event every ten seconds. I would appreciate a bit of gossip, some news.....

#2 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

I too have just unfollowed them. Some stupid search for a Twitter West End star I think- clogging up my feed, waste of time.

#3 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Used to follow but it got completely out of hand.

#4 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

I think that was the point of the show. I read that the audience was going to be encouraged to Tweet throughout the show and it looks like they've retweeted some contestants saying thank you too. Perhaps it's a one-off?

#5 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

It was for some stupid search for a twitter star thing that I had no interest in. Complete waste of time and clogging my feed with rubbish. I just put them on mute for the evening as I couldn't read anymore of their drivel.

#6 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Unfollowed whatsonstage for filling my timeline with rubbish. They need a separate account for news and another for live tweeting of events not everyone is interested in.

But I might refollow later to get the good stuff once this madness is over.

#7 Whatsonstage.com

Whatsonstage.com

Global Moderator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7744 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hello all

Apologies if we overdosed on the tweets last night. It was a one-off event. We'll bear in mind your comments for any future events of this type.

Kind regards,

Terri Paddock
Whatsonstage.com

#8 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

That's what lists are for - start to think about accounts that you can put into lists - I have 7 lists - Friends and Family - Theatre - Websites - etc then you can check them when you want, it also makes finding and searching for tweets a lot easier!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#9 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

How funny to see people talking about unfollowing WoS as that is exactly what I did last night.  Yesterday they tweeted a season announcement that has been public for months (Old Red Lion) and then as others have said there were endless tweets about an event I had no interest in.

I do have lists, but I find I never check them.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#10 Ruby Sue

Ruby Sue

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

I also unfollowed them a month or so ago because of all the live tweeting they do, it just filled my timeline up too much. It got a bit OTT...espcially when they would tweet live from a Q&A or something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users