32 replies to this topic

#11 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

I suggest something like a @woslive account, to cover the Q&As and live tweeting - the main feed just referencing that and being kept for news normally.

#12 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 10 July 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

I suggest something like a @woslive account, to cover the Q&As and live tweeting - the main feed just referencing that and being kept for news normally.

This

#13 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

You know you can also mute an account so when things like this get done you can temporarily hide them from your feed. Marketing wise etc it makes no sense for an organisation to have more than one account!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#14 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

But marketing wise it also makes no sense to post such a large number of annoying tweets that people then go and unfollow you!

#15 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostLaughingmonsta, on 10 July 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

You know you can also mute an account so when things like this get done you can temporarily hide them from your feed. Marketing wise etc it makes no sense for an organisation to have more than one account!
This advice is similar to the advice to update my browser in order to access the Complicite website. It's obviously the best course of action for technically interested users, but every time a website or twitter feed erects a hurdle like this, to irritate, inconvenience or block its users, it loses another tranche of those users. If I wanted to be forced to develop a personal strategy for browser updating, twitter feed muting and unmuting, etc,.etc., I'd get a job in IT. Normal people want to use social media as easily as possible, not to be harrassed or bludgeoned into becoming IT experts.

#16 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostLaughingmonsta, on 10 July 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

I can see an option to block, which also unfollows by default, but no 'mute' option.

#17 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

You can only mute if you access twitter via Echofon or Tweetdeck. You can't do it on the web based twitter.com.

#18 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Echofon also has 'mute hashtag' which is great. I do that for every reality TV going.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#19 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

My mute hash tag list is very very long, mostly reality tv crap hash tags. Lots of users gone in there too! Great way of keeping your timeline under control and filtering out crap.

#20 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

I unfollowed them a few months back for that reason. I can't be bothered creating lists or muting etc, lives too short! If anyone tweets too much or fills my timeline with excessive tweets i unfollow.  I agree a separate live tweeting account would be better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users