thelast5years

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

The Last Five Years
Bull Theatre, Barnet, 26-28 February 2009
http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/completely

The next vehicle for Completely Productions is ‘The Last Five Years’ by Jason Robert Brown.   An emotionally powerful and intimate musical about two New Yorkers in their twenties who fall in and out of love over the course of five years. The show’s unconventional structure consists of Cathy, the woman, telling her story backwards while Jamie, the man, tells his story chronologically; the two characters only meet once, at their wedding in the middle of the show. Jason Robert Brown won Drama Desk Awards for the music and the lyrics after the Off-Broadway premiere in 2002 starring Norbert Leo Butz and Sherie Rene Scott.

Cathy Hiatt is a sweet but misunderstood character, whose own insecurities add to mounting pressure in her relationship with Jamie Wellerstein.  Jamie is a successful novelist and seemingly brimming with self-confidence.  The love, then increasing friction between the two is brilliantly played out in the music and lyrics of this piece.
Don’t miss out!
Book your tickets by visiting:
http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/completely

Catherine Hiatt    -         Katrina Lindop
Jamie Wellerstein    -      David O’Mahony

Music and lyrics by Jason Robert Brown

A fresh and contemporary musical from Tony-Award winning composer Jason Robert Brown, THE LAST FIVE YEARS chronicles a young couple’s romance in a new and exciting way: her story starts at the end of their relationship; his begins on the day they met. Funny and uplifting, the show captures some of the most heartbreaking and universally felt moments of modern romance.

“Mr. Brown confirms his sparkling facility as a composer, fluidly mixing diverse styles. They range from waltzes to rhythm and blues, from Sondheimesque urbanity to a clever ‘Chorus Line’-like audition piece for Cathy.” [New York Times]

“Brimming with persistent melodies, thoughtful lyrics and a heartfelt, compelling story”

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Sarah Bandie_*

Guest_Sarah Bandie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

Anyone going to see the professional production in the West End?

Julie Atherton and Paul Spicer reprise their roles in the Notes from New York production of Jason Robert Brown’s The Last 5 Years, which is reconceived at the Duchess following its acclaimed  gala staging at the Theatre Royal Haymarket.

Creative tensions combine with complexities of the heart in this emotionally wrought and moving song cycle. Newly published novelist Jamie and aspiring actress Cathy tell the tale of their raw and impassioned relationship in opposite directions and from differing standpoints. Unique in structure yet familiar in its universally resounding themes, this celebrated two-hander reminds us it’s possible to feel claustrophobically close to and yet worlds apart from the one you hold closest to your heart.

Tickets: £30, £20, £10

Duchess Theatre 6-10 May 2009

Call the Box Office on 0844 811 0052 or book online

#3 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Sarah Bandie @ Apr 28 2009, 02:44 PM) View Post
Anyone going to see the professional production in the West End?

Julie Atherton and Paul Spicer reprise their roles in the Notes from New York production of Jason Robert Brown’s The Last 5 Years, which is reconceived at the Duchess following its acclaimed  gala staging at the Theatre Royal Haymarket.

Creative tensions combine with complexities of the heart in this emotionally wrought and moving song cycle. Newly published novelist Jamie and aspiring actress Cathy tell the tale of their raw and impassioned relationship in opposite directions and from differing standpoints. Unique in structure yet familiar in its universally resounding themes, this celebrated two-hander reminds us it’s possible to feel claustrophobically close to and yet worlds apart from the one you hold closest to your heart.

Tickets: £30, £20, £10

Duchess Theatre 6-10 May 2009

Call the Box Office on 0844 811 0052 or book online

The short run of this is really frustrating! You sound like you're connected to the show (and I should be whinging about advertising on here, which = bad) Is a UK tour on the cards? Can it be?

#4 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

I'm going next thursday, I'm really excited!! I'm also going to the Dress Circle event tomorrow.

#5 meerkat

meerkat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

I'm going next Sunday- busy  ( and poor) weekend for me as going to Kerry Ellis' last night in Wicked on the Saturday
I know I could be a lion tamer,
I've always gotten along with cats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users