• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Topstar2

Topstar2

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

I feel after watching Ben Jennings in jersey boys last Saturday. 7th july that he should have a mention. His Frankie valli was just fantastic! Sometimes understudies don't get the praise that they Should get. A very talent actor. In fact one of the best frankies I have seen in the 4 years I have been going to see the show. Just my view of course! But would say if you can catch this guy in the show do so.

#2 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

It's very difficult to catch him as Frankie as he is the 3rd understudy - so it needs 3 people to be off/on in other roles, for him to be Frankie.

#3 Topstar2

Topstar2

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Looks like I was extremely lucky then! Hope he gets on again in the near future. He's been on twice since may. (another post about him in the jersey boys cast change) so fingers crossed!

#4 Topstar2

Topstar2

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

Managed to see Ben Jennings again last night playing Frankie! Amazing!! Someone who I had recommend to see the show was there for the mat. They txt me to say the guy on for Frankie was struggling with the high notes, so Ben had gone on for the second act. Think it was Dan Burton. He must have been sick or something. Ben stayed on for the evening performance so I got another chance to see his Frankie! Very pleased!

#5 Topstar2

Topstar2

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

This guy just gets better and better! Don't think in the years I have been going to jersey boys I have seen a 3rd cover on so much! Very good casting this year with excellent Frankie covers in Ben and Michael.Swings are so hard working. Not always valued as much in London as broadway but often the core of the shows. Seen Ben now four times. I know I keep saying it but just brilliant!!

#6 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Ben is on as Frankie for matinee and evening show today in case anyone is in town an wants to catch him in the part.

#7 Topstar2

Topstar2

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Thanks for that! Went to see him again for the evening show. He's just so good in this part! Also a excellent Joe pesci! Hope he stays on next cast change. Would be great to see him get a higher cover as well so he could be on more often. Just exceptional!!

#8 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

And he got another run in this evening's show too!
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#9 Lenny S

Lenny S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Was in London for a vacation and decided to watch jersey boys although I did not really know the story. I guess I was lucky because I saw Ben telling his story and not Frankie Vallie's. Embarassingly I did shed a few tears during and after the show. It was money and evening well spent! Would have definitely watched it again if I wasn't leaving for Paris the next morning.

#10 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Ben will be the new Joe Pesci/1st cover Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys London from 12th March 2013! :)
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users