131 replies to this topic

#101 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

whilst illness can happen to anyone, even trained professionals (nick hayes had to leave ghost tour due to illness) and it seems odd to suddenly be having problems this far into the tour ( i saw him and to my surprise he was very good) he is being incredibly stupid tweeting such photos

#102 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

To be fair, we don't know what, exactly, his 'health problems' are.  If someone's ill, they're ill.  It can't be helped.  Also, being unwell enough to perform doesn't necessarily mean being confined to bed.  A pulled muscle or a broken ankle would stop you performing in a high energy show like Hairspray, but it wouldn't stop you going to lunch with a friend, having a meeting with your agent or going on holiday.  Tweeting the airport pics was daft, but he probably didn't think anyone would be sad enough to slate him for daring to go on holiday.

Without knowing the full story, it's probably best not to jump to conclusions about whether he can hack 8 shows a week or not.  I doubt he would have taken the decision to leave the show lightly, and his health problems could well have taken the decision out of his hands.

#103 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

gastroenteritis is the official reason given. so drinking and going on holiday isnt the greatest thing to do to recover.

and youre right,  depending on the illness will depend on what you can and cant do. however in any job you have to be stupid to start posting about what a great time you are having when on long term sick. it is also disrespectful to fans who have paid to see him and he is now off on a jolly (as it appears, rightly or wrongly).

and it isnt sad to post it on here, he put it on a public forum for all his fans to see. ive seen several people get in serious trouble for being on long term sick and then start posting about what wonderful things they are doing

#104 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

As I said, it was stupid to tweet the photos, but condemning him for leaving the show without knowing the full story is wrong.

#105 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Just in case any of you are worried about Marcus Collins's health, more pictures have been tweeted of him having a marvellous time with friends in Dublin drinking pints of Guinness.

I remember an interview recently with Michael Ball who produced and appeared at certain venues in the last tour of Hairspray and as a producer was involved in casting and company management. Apparently one day an actress phoned in sick because she was "tired" and Michael allegedly said to her that was fine and that she could take the rest of the tour off!

Talent is not enough to succeed in show business. It requires a work ethic too. Oh well there is panto for Marcus to look forward to at The Assembly Rooms Derby I believe. Lets hope he manages 2 shows a day for 5 weeks.

#106 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Looks like Adrian Hansel is taking over as Seaweed

#107 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

if thats true then the rest of the tour venues are very lucky, Adrian has never beeen bettered in my view

#108 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Saw the show again a few days ago. Once again, Sandra Marvin blew my mind! The entire cast is amazing but Sandra really stopped the show. Had a nice little cry during her big number

#109 Wicked world

Wicked world

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

Can ANYONE please confirm if the stunning adrian hansel is finishing the hairspray tour ??!! His @adrianhansel twitter is sending tweets from DUBLIN..... I know he's a guest artiste on the micheal ball tour which includes dates in August ?!? Confused !! Please say yes !! Original London cast seaweed?!?!! HOT!! ... The plot thickens .....
Zara elphi

#110 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostWicked world, on 30 July 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Can ANYONE please confirm if the stunning adrian hansel is finishing the hairspray tour ??!! His @adrianhansel twitter is sending tweets from DUBLIN..... I know he's a guest artiste on the micheal ball tour which includes dates in August ?!? Confused !! Please say yes !! Original London cast seaweed?!?!! HOT!! ... The plot thickens .....
Zara elphi

Well as of last night, Fela was on but I did see Adrian and Sandra walking in the stage door before the show together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users