Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

:-)

#82 WeCanNeverMeetAgain

WeCanNeverMeetAgain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I can't wait to see this tour in June. Marcus Collins is the only thing i'm not excited to see. He does not seem like he fits this role at all. He seems so feminine and his singing doesn't sound as good as what Adrian Hansel's was like when I seen the show in London.

#83 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Marcus was a surprise, his voice was good, as was his dancing and his campness didnt come through.  Not as good as Adrian, but equal to anyone else ive seen in the role.

The weak spots for me were Mark as Edna who was too manly really, and some of the humour fell flat.

Lucy was ok, but did something in the finally that had the audience in stitches.

Tracy was good, but weakest Tracy ive seen. Link was excellent as was everyone else.

#84 WeCanNeverMeetAgain

WeCanNeverMeetAgain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

That's disappointing. I can only judge from what i've seen/heard on youtube but her Good Morning Baltimore wasn't the best I have ever heard. I can't wait to hear Penny's voice in real life it sounds so good.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Sandra Marvin? She sounds so nasally and her riffs seem very sloppy. She has a decent vibrato so I will give her that. I seen both her and the original London Motormouth (can't remember her name) and she was much better.

#85 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

LOVE Sandra, incredible voice who I for me is the best ive seen. YES, Penny has an excellent voice, forgot to mention her.

Tracy is good vocally, for me she didnt quite get the humour all the time and some jokes fell flat.

Dont get me wrong, i still enjoyed the show, but it isnt the strongest cast ive seen overall.

#86 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yes,Marcus was great. There was none of that Scouse accept and campness he became famous for on X Factor. The only problem I had with him was that because he is "famous" every single time he opened his mouth, the audience cheered him on like he deserves special recognition over the rest of the cast.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#87 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostWeCanNeverMeetAgain, on 24 April 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

That's disappointing. I can only judge from what i've seen/heard on youtube but her Good Morning Baltimore wasn't the best I have ever heard. I can't wait to hear Penny's voice in real life it sounds so good.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Sandra Marvin? She sounds so nasally and her riffs seem very sloppy. She has a decent vibrato so I will give her that. I seen both her and the original London Motormouth (can't remember her name) and she was much better.

I guess it's personal taste - but I think Sandra is in a different league to the original London Motormouth (Johnnie Fiori) - whose voice wasn't to my taste at all.  For me, Sandra's voice is much better suited to the role, and her version of I Know Where I've Been is stunning on this tour.

#88 WeCanNeverMeetAgain

WeCanNeverMeetAgain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I seen the show on Saturday. I enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised by Marcus Collins. He wasn't the best thing in the show but he was not like I thought he would be. The show seemed fresh I noticed a few little changes from the west end but everything worked.

I seen Rhiannon Chesterman who is the 2nd cover Tracy. She normally plays Shelley in the show and I have to say she was fantastic. It was quite obvious that she wasn't heavy in real life but she had a fantastic voice and her acting was great too.

Penny was fine, her singing was great but I felt the acting was a bit hit and miss. Parts were great but parts she threw away.

Link Larkin was also okay, his singing was a bit disappointing but his accent was alot better than Ben Ellis from the London cast.

Mark Benton was good don't think I liked him as much as Michael Ball but he was still very funny. Paul Rider as Wilbur was very likeable, he was the first Wilbur I actually liked.

Lucy Benjamin was fine also. Nothing spectacular but she did the job. I seen Tracie Bennett originally so Lucy wasn't going to beat her.

Sandra Marvin was on as Motormouth and I have to say she had NO energy whatsoever. She sounded like it was too much of an effort to speak. Her singing I know where I've been was the most energy I seen from her and while she was good I don't think she is the best, her riffs were very sloppy.

Gemma Sutton as Amber was brilliant, her wig for most of the show was terrible. Her vocals were great.

The entire ensemble were fantastic, plenty of energy. Daniel Stockton who was the Male Authority figure needs a special mention because he was fantastic in all his roles, it was very clear to see each character's different qualities.

It was definitely a very good show and I would see it again.

#89 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostWeCanNeverMeetAgain, on 11 June 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Link Larkin was also okay, his singing was a bit disappointing but his accent was alot better than Ben Ellis from the London cast.

The guy who plays Link is American so would be a bad job if is accent wasn't better than ben haha :)

#90 WeCanNeverMeetAgain

WeCanNeverMeetAgain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

Haha, I didn't know that. It would have been a bit awkward if I had of complained about his accent. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users