#141 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

http://www.telegraph...n-his-face.html

Onstage accident at Priscilla, dosent sound too bad.

#142 EmiCardiff

EmiCardiff

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

Priscilla Tour arrived in Cardiff last night, it really is an excellent tour...if you excuse the bus, which does I'm afraid look lacking compared to the original. It's the only real difference I noticed (though admittedly it's been years...) The Divas do fly at the WMC which is great. Whole cast great in my opinion, and I finally got to see Donovan (who was off when I saw it in London) my 7 year old self would be so pleased ;)
Blog with occasional reviews: http://fixedpointint...blogspot.co.uk/

Twitter with occasional theatre reviews and general nerdiness: @EmiGarside

#143 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

After seeing it in London 13 times, I must admit when I saw the opening in Manchester back in February 2013, my heart did sink a bit after discovering that the bus was stripped back to the bare, the whole staging is completely redesigned which you can understand as the West End production was a huge spectacle, and it would have never been easy to tour unless it was done in big theatres, having at least a month run in each theatre. I have been following it around the country since the opening, the production just gets better and better every single time, the cast really is exceptional, the amount of energy and passion they show throughout the production is incredible, I couldn't ask for a better cast. Richard Grieve who plays Bernadette in the show is phenomenal, he's very convincing as a woman, he shows vulnerability, emotion and beauty within the role, probably the best Bernadette I've ever seen, and I've seen a few, he really is exceptional, he's been nominated for outstanding performance by a leading actor in a theatre production, just shows doesn't it? The tour really is excellent given the huge changes and it's the broadway version so not quite the same as the original but it hasn't lost the sparkle, it's still Priscilla and it's still fabulous. I keep seeing the show because the cast is worth the price alone, and they just complete the show for me. The tour is hugely successful, been sold out everywhere and the audiences are a real party! It will be ending on 12th of April in Plymouth so not long left :(

#144 Priscillalover

Priscillalover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

PriscillaCraze, on 23 January 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

After seeing it in London 13 times, I must admit when I saw the opening in Manchester back in February 2013, my heart did sink a bit after discovering that the bus was stripped back to the bare, the whole staging is completely redesigned which you can understand as the West End production was a huge spectacle, and it would have never been easy to tour unless it was done in big theatres, having at least a month run in each theatre. I have been following it around the country since the opening, the production just gets better and better every single time, the cast really is exceptional, the amount of energy and passion they show throughout the production is incredible, I couldn't ask for a better cast. Richard Grieve who plays Bernadette in the show is phenomenal, he's very convincing as a woman, he shows vulnerability, emotion and beauty within the role, probably the best Bernadette I've ever seen, and I've seen a few, he really is exceptional, he's been nominated for outstanding performance by a leading actor in a theatre production, just shows doesn't it? The tour really is excellent given the huge changes and it's the broadway version so not quite the same as the original but it hasn't lost the sparkle, it's still Priscilla and it's still fabulous. I keep seeing the show because the cast is worth the price alone, and they just complete the show for me. The tour is hugely successful, been sold out everywhere and the audiences are a real party! It will be ending on 12th of April in Plymouth so not long left :(

I'm glad they didn't use the original Broadway production as originally planned. I think the English fans would kinda be put out if it was the Madonna version. However, they did mash the original production with the Broadway show which I think creates the perfect mix. It is sad we won't see Downtown again but Its raining men is equally as good!!! :P

I wonder what this version would be like in the West End? And I wonder if they would revert to Downtown if they staged the show in Australia again.

#145 Priscillalover

Priscillalover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

Yay, been confirmed the show will return to the U.K in September 2015. Woohoo cannot wait.

#146 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Priscillalover, on 14 April 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

Yay, been confirmed the show will return to the U.K in September 2015. Woohoo cannot wait.

Where did you find the announcement?

#147 Priscillalover

Priscillalover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

PriscillaCraze, on 14 April 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Where did you find the announcement?

https://www.facebook...9125077?fref=ts

Also the cast were saying on Saturday night when fans were asking about its return. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users