146 replies to this topic

#101 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

So if Graham Sings "Confide In Me" does that mean it has the UK version of songs??? i thought the UK tour was using the Broadway version (i.e - broadway songs)

#102 TheatreDust

TheatreDust

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

As I understand it (though I've not seen the Broadway version), it uses the basic shape of the Broadway show, but replaces the Madonna numbers with the numbers used in the West End production.  So it includes Venus rather than Material Girl, I Love The Nightlife instead of Holiday/Like a Virgin and Confide in Me instead of Like a Prayer.   There are various references to Kylie Minogue and Kylie-based interpolated sections.

I also understand that some of the sanitisation that was put in place for Broadway was reverted (thankfully) - though perhaps someone who has seen the broadway and uk tour versions might be able to confirm?

(Like I said before, some of the new lines are good and welcome.  However, another west end line that has been swapped out is "mummy always told me to eat my swedes" - for something, in my view, a lot less funny and less clever).

Still an amazing night out and audiences seem to rave about it wherever it goes.

#103 TheatreDust

TheatreDust

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

I should also have said that It's Raining Men is in the UK tour, rather than the Australian/West End use of Downtown.  I really like IRM, but also have a soft spot for Downtown and especially I've Never Been to Me.

#104 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

So how major is the set chnages, apart from the bus being smaller what else different and are all the costumes the same??

#105 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well the costumes didn't change at all...

[spoiler]

The bus isn't really a bus anymore... It's actually just a big rack... I was kind of shocked when I first saw it but I got used to it after some time... There is no shoe on top of the bus (as there is no top of the bus ^^). That scene lost a lot of its charm by just putting Graham on a ladder...
I saw it in Edinburgh and there was no revolving stage... The set got dragged or pushed on stage and many things got stuck or fell over (like Benjis bed or the barrels with make up on top in the dressing room before the ping pong scene...).

Everything else is pretty much the same or a little bit smaller...

I think it worked fine with the small changes, but they could have done a bit more about the bus... It would be a lot nicer if it was covered in some way... Painting the rack looked a little weird... ^^

#106 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ah thanks so much for the detailed reply :) is there any production shots ??

#107 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

There are a few pictures on Facebook. They should be visible without an account or logging in (or at least that worked for me... ;) )

Here they are...

#108 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

BRILIANT Thanks :)

#109 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

I cant believe THAT is the bus being used for the UK tour and charging such high prices, its embaressing quite frankly

https://www.facebook...&type=3

#110 musicalgeek

musicalgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Does anyone know what Divas do the lead vocals in their songs? I'm just interested!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users