146 replies to this topic

#41 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

The songs they list in the email about it suggest they're including some of the songs from the American version.

#42 jp89

jp89

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Donovan really wasn't great when I saw it. Looked like he couldn't be bothered. Best Tick I saw was Hugo Harrison.

#43 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

Jason was awful when I saw him. Disappointing news.

#44 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Some more tour dates have been released on the David Ian Productions website going on sale soon:

9 – 23 February 2013
Opera House
MANCHESTER

25 Feb - 2 March 2013
New Theatre
OXFORD

4 - 9 March 2013
Edinburgh Playhouse
EDINBURGH

11 - 16 March 2013
New Wimbledon Theatre
WIMBLEDON

18 - 30 March 2013
New Alexandra Theatre
BIRMINGHAM

8 - 13 April 2013
Sunderland Empire
SUNDERLAND

15 - 27 April 2013
Bristol Hippodrome
BRISTOL

29 April - 4 May 2013
Princess Theatre
TORQUAY
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#45 peggy sue

peggy sue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Why is it only doing one week at most venues?

#46 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Because I think it would struggle to fill the theatre's if it was there for more than a week! I know Oxford really struggled to fill their seats during the 2 week's the Sister Act tour was here last year and that is seen as a family show! I think the bigger cities such as Birmingham and Bristol where it is doing 2 week stops may fair better! Plus I think it will certainly add dates to the stops above which could be for longer than a week?!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#47 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Is it just me or are there no Friday dates for the Manchester stop? Only one matinee a week as well.

#48 HelenaH

HelenaH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

View Postrichard2711, on 16 October 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

The songs they list in the email about it suggest they're including some of the songs from the American version.

Indeed... i can confirm this is going to be the US version of the show instead of the west end.

Bye bye kylie... hello madonna :(

#49 HelenaH

HelenaH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostBradley-Jollygoodfellow, on 16 October 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

I think its a mash up of USA and UK versions from what i have heard!!

Nope... its the full US version :(

#50 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hmm, love the confide in me bit. Will see this I'm sure but why change it to fit a US audience for a uk tour? Is it to so with licenses etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users