146 replies to this topic

#51 hayley

hayley

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

View Postzyx123, on 18 October 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Is it just me or are there no Friday dates for the Manchester stop? Only one matinee a week as well.

If its you, it's me too!  I wanted a Friday performance, but they are greyed out?  Surely can't be day off, Fridays are big attendance days in any tour run.  Anyone know if the Fridays will be added to the Manchester schedule or why they are out?

Plus, anyone seen info on when booking opens for the other venues?  Will it be one date for booking for all, or will it be all different dates like the Rocky Horror tour theatres?

#52 peggy sue

peggy sue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I have my tickets for Sunderland in April. Wonder how different it will be from the West End version which I absolutely loved!

#53 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

I have already got 8 tickets booked, 2 booked in Machester (seeing the opening night), 2 in Wimbledon, 2 in Stoke, 1 in Birmingham, and 1 in Bristol, so excited for 2013 already!! Booking Torquay and Woking next :) x

#54 wetheatreboy

wetheatreboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

For those of you who loved the West End version (I did too!) brace yourselves for a shock... This is a brand new production! There is no way that the bus will be anything like the West End one, this is weekly touring so it is just not possible to tour it...

Expect something more along the lines of the 9 to 5 tour (which I also thought was great!) With a lot of cast pushing the set around.

With the American production (which was far inferior to London - it basically reduced the show to a concert of songs and almost entirely omitted the story!) and the set restrictions we are going to see a VERY different show... Like I said... Brace yourselves!

#55 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

View Postwetheatreboy, on 10 November 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

For those of you who loved the West End version (I did too!) brace yourselves for a shock... This is a brand new production! There is no way that the bus will be anything like the West End one, this is weekly touring so it is just not possible to tour it...

Expect something more along the lines of the 9 to 5 tour (which I also thought was great!) With a lot of cast pushing the set around.

With the American production (which was far inferior to London - it basically reduced the show to a concert of songs and almost entirely omitted the story!) and the set restrictions we are going to see a VERY different show... Like I said... Brace yourselves!
Why can't producers present West End standards on tour, why rob the provinces of first class productions especially as the provinces are now charging West End prices?
Congratulation to Disney on the lion king - they've done it

#56 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Wow the London production hardly had much storey or heart so if its been watered down even more that is bad,

Jamiem plenty of shows on tour are west end standard (whatever that means these days). Some even improve on the original.  Some set pieces just aren't able to tour, or cost affective.  After all Priscilla is hardly the Lion King in terms of name recognition

#57 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostJamiem, on 10 November 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Why can't producers present West End standards on tour, why rob the provinces of first class productions especially as the provinces are now charging West End prices?
Congratulation to Disney on the lion king - they've done it

I think the big tours like The Lion King can afford to do near West End production values as they're doing 2-3 months at a time, for 1-2 week runs, it is not possible so they have West End values.

#58 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostTitan, on 10 November 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Wow the London production hardly had much storey or heart so if its been watered down even more that is bad,

Jamiem plenty of shows on tour are west end standard (whatever that means these days). Some even improve on the original.  Some set pieces just aren't able to tour, or cost affective.  After all Priscilla is hardly the Lion King in terms of name recognition
Titan how I've missed you....
Some producers just don't care and that slowly kills theatre

#59 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

wetheatreboy

I realise that the show is going to be quite scaled down and and different to the London Production, that is fine by me as I'm interested in how Priscilla will work on tour and a different twist to the story will give it a fresh new look. My friend who was  technician for Priscilla in London said that they are making the bus easier to tour and there will be LED lights involved, as far as I know the bus will be involved in the show, so anything can happen on tours, you can't really say it's not possible to tour the bus, anything can be made possible in theatre!

Even if the show is very different with the set restrictions, I will always love Priscilla and I will support the touring cast from opening night till end!

#60 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

And you never know unless you see it first, it's PRISCILLA so we should appreciate it's coming back on tour!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users