#61 wetheatreboy

wetheatreboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostPriscillaCraze, on 11 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

And you never know unless you see it first, it's PRISCILLA so we should appreciate it's coming back on tour!!

I really can't wait to see what's done with the show... It really will be a brand new production though, and I think it will really be interesting to see how the tour works without all the technical elements which - in my opinion - really made the production.

The London version was an improvement over the Australian one, both in terms of the show and technically. The London bus was FAST compared to Australia!

It's a shame they can't take that version on tour but, as has been mentioned earlier, the licensing costs for the songs were just too much (a major factor as to why the London show closed when it did).

I am a Priscilla fan! I was involved in the London production in various ways throughout it's run and I have never had more fun in my life!

#62 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Southampton has now been officially confirmed for those that asked

#63 Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostFireFingers, on 21 July 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

I think it was a different team yes. I only know because I know someone who was part of the sound team, and the sound designer was more than a little bit surprised that the lighting designer got to go to Brazil and not him, it being musical not a lights-ical :P

Who did you know on the sound team. I knew a couple of them as well.

#64 shetlander

shetlander

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

I'm delighted to have Edinburgh booked, I'm getting kinda worried if i will like it- i seen london well over 12x and just loved it, so much i went especialy to newyork to see it and i did not like the madona version as much as the kyle verson, pluss they droped the opening song to a worse song!!!

I.m conserned to hear some of you saying its the US verson, oh dear me!  London verson was far better for the uk tour. although all the cast versions i have seen have been amasing.  i think Jason was excelent, not the biggest strech of a part for him, but i thought he played it well.

I'm sure they will have a good bus, as long as its not just a cut out it will be fine

#65 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Priscilla is opening in 6 days and heard many great things about the staging, it will be a fantastic show. The load in the theatre has already started and the pink bus is still in the trailer at the moment I think. Also for those who haven't heard, the divas will be flying in the tour.

#66 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Anyone know a full cast list for this?

#67 sandeman

sandeman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Worked in professional theatre for over 20 years.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

http://www.musicalth...esert-tour.html

#68 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Thank you

#69 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Couple of rehearsal photos on Facebook yesterday- looks like a mock-up of a full size bus in the background :)

#70 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Saw this last night and unfortunately was disappointed. There have been lots of little changes which I thought didn't work.
*Spoilers below!****
The star of the show,the bus, has been reduced to a shell. It's basically a chassis with a weird framework on one one side. It's pushed around the stage by the cast.And because there is no roof, the opera scene is done with Adam perched on a stepladder and no stilleto. Truly awful.
There is little scenery and most of what there is is wheeled on by the cast- there is no Ayers Rock or Sydney Harbour bridge. To let the audience know where the action is taking place there is an electronic screen which hangs over the stage and at certain points is lowered which is really distracting.
The  leads are ok, but think Jason had a cold last night as he didn't sound great. The guy playing Miss Understanding was unintelligable in parts and some of the gags were lost.
It's still a fab feelgood show but I didn't leave feeling as wowwed as I did in London

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users