Jump to content


* * * * * 1 votes

Priscilla Tour


  • Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#81 Monteverdi

Monteverdi

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yes the performances are wonderful, and the bus is a bit of a secondary character. it's not really given much of an introduction - whose is it anyway. And there's no real sense of having got anywhere, but we are really there to enjoy the costumes and singing and all that flesh....so much flesh. And the lovely touches like the paint brushes changing colour as they come out of the tins. We are lucky in Manchester to have Hairspray, Lion King and Priscilla - all of a huge standard.

#82 BurlyBeaR

BurlyBeaR

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostMonteverdi, on 19 February 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Yes the performances are wonderful, and the bus is a bit of a secondary character. it's not really given much of an introduction - whose is it anyway. And there's no real sense of having got anywhere, but we are really there to enjoy the costumes and singing and all that flesh....so much flesh. And the lovely touches like the paint brushes changing colour as they come out of the tins. We are lucky in Manchester to have Hairspray, Lion King and Priscilla - all of a huge standard.

Totally totally agree. I got a massive kick out of that paintbrush trick too! Easily pleased huh :o/ hee hee

#83 souchyboyy

souchyboyy

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Saw the show in Oxford on Tuesday night and have not had such a fun night in the theatre in a long long time. Jason Donovan was great, as were all the cast. Ridiculously camp, but the music was fabulous, all the proper disco tunes. I now want to climb to the top of Ayers rock in full showbiz sequins and feathers and sing in a medley of Kylie classics!! Sets not great, and the bus is pretty hilarious really, but the Divas flying around all over the place is pretty awesome! Overall the set isnt as bad as everyone says, and well worth a night ouot. Packed house and full standing ovation.

#84 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Anyone know how to get the broadway cast recording, i have tried iTunes & Amazon but will only allow downloads for USA & Canada??

#85 KieranJ

KieranJ

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

Caught the show last night in Birmingham. For a touring show it's great fun. Of course it's not the London production but all the elements that made the show such fun in the first place are all still there. Jason Donovan not the greatest performer I've ever seen but to be expected really.

#86 tommo2k

tommo2k

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Saw it at the weekend in Wimbledon and Jason Donovan was nowhere near as good as he was in London. He acted far too camp (must be the direction!?) and he looked a bit bored. Richard Grieve on the other hand was excellent as Bernadette. Enjoyed the show and it has been scaled down to tour without losing too much but the London production was far superior.

#87 Kt1973

Kt1973

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Has anyone heard of further venues? Website still says further dates to be announced. Had heard rumours of Milton Keynes, still hoping this is the case. Anyone know?

#88 Titan

Titan

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

I seem to be the only one to disagree. Saw it in Birmingham and thought it was pretty bad, such a poor set (Kenwright standard), the three leads were weak plus the same problems as in London with the story lacking heart and full of stereotypes

#89 zyx123

zyx123

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostTitan, on 20 March 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

I seem to be the only one to disagree. Saw it in Birmingham and thought it was pretty bad, such a poor set (Kenwright standard), the three leads were weak plus the same problems as in London with the story lacking heart and full of stereotypes

Nope, I saw it in Manchester and thought it was awful. Never saw the west end production. Agree about the set, looked very cheap. Plus it had the worst kid actor I have ever seen.

#90 BurlyBeaR

BurlyBeaR

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postzyx123, on 20 March 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:



Nope, I saw it in Manchester and thought it was awful. Never saw the west end production. Agree about the set, looked very cheap. Plus it had the worst kid actor I have ever seen.

Awwwe the kid who performed on the nighti went was adorable!

Not so the case with Lion King, now he WAS terrible!






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users