92 replies to this topic

#91 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'm hearing very good things from the reading of this at the ART in Boston! Apparently Barlow has almost totally rewritten the score and only 3 of the old songs remain, alot of work has been done to the book and Diane Paulus' direction was always going to be perfect! Apparently Laura Michele Kelly and Brian d'Arcy James were wonderful in the lead roles, but one would expect that from those two!

Currently the plan is to do a run of the show at the ART early next year, and then look to move it into London soon after.
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#92 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

Im still not convinced this is a story that needs musicalising

LMK really puts me off. The cast at Leicester werent the issue.

#93 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Guessing if it goes well in Boston then it'll be in the West End by Autumn 2014. It'll be interesting what theatres they're looking for, I'd guess a midsized theatre like the Shaftesbury or the Victoria Palace should they be available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users