92 replies to this topic

#21 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

Just to let you know there's a TV trailer now released for this. It features songs from the show sung by the cast - probably filmed in a studio. It might be on Curve's website or their YouTube channel.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#22 robintusin

robintusin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

A video of Julian Ovenden and Rosalie Craig singing In the Blink of an Eye from Finding Neverland the Musical.

I have tickets to see this musical at the Curve in Leicester on 6th October - can't wait.

#23 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

The Finding Neverland website now states 13th October as advertised final date. A friend in the cast spoke to the management and was told that the last performance at this point is still the 18th and they have cheekily changed the date to boost ticket sales for the weeks before first and will "extend" again later.

So, in case you are booked for a date after the 13th I suggest you don't cancel or change your ticket just yet.

#24 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place).
In terms of Finding Neverland, I know it has really got 'names' to draw Palladium audiences in for a long run, but I think the stage sizes are quite similar. In fact, I think Curve is bigger in some aspects (pros arch width).
Also Harvey Weinstein was on the radio today saying that, technically, Curve can do so many things that many other theatres can't do and that he's really surprised with it. I think he also said that it will certainly go to London and hopefully Broadway as well.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#25 theatremole

theatremole

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

I find it a bit odd playing a love story between JM Barrie and Sylvia when the true story was much more...creepy really. He involved himself in the families lives, and changed her will to give himself custody over the boys.

#26 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

There was a public workshop on Tuesday night at Curve I think. Anyone go along?

#27 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Behind the scenes video. It definitely appears to be West End scale.

#28 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

Not sure if I can see this doing well at the Palladuim. What about the Addams family going in there? They had a press Lunch earlier in the year, things seem to have gone rather cold since then on that front!

#29 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Is anyone going to the 1st preview tonight?

#30 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Reading very positive comments about the first night on twitter, including a standing ovation and Bono and The Edge were in the audience!

Anyone know which night is press night? Really want to go while it's in Leicester but doubt I'll have chance. Someone say it's going to extend there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users