• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 musicalmayhem

musicalmayhem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

I attend last night as well. Considering that it was the very first time it had been performed in front of an audience it was near faultless and could open in the West End tommrow. Great book, fantastic cast and perfectly staged. If I was to have a gripe, like dippy i found the songs very enjoyable but not in danger of setting the world on fire. However this is only minor quibble as the songs do what they are supoosed to do, heighten the emotion and propel the story.
As the play asks, 'clap if you believe in fairies'
I'm clapping! Well done all.

#42 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

I noticed a few faults, there were a few dropped mics and Julian Ovenden's suit was split all the way down the back during the second act. Though that is to be expected at the first performance.

#43 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

View Postmusicalfan, on 23 September 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

The set is large, but not Palladium scale, I think it could do well in a Savoy/Shaftesbury size venue. The unit set is three vast, classically architectural walls, all of which are gauzes so things can happen behind them, and projections can be shined on to them, although this does change when the more... magical elements come along, which I really don't want to spoil, and there's a lot of automation to create the various settings, and there's a full size facade of the Duke of Yorks that comes down at one point. However, I think the scale of the show, and the special requirements that they said the Curve could provide must be a lot to do with the flying, which is very impressive, and integral to the plot.

I think the Shaftesbury would be good for this show, the Savoy I think may be a tad small although I've only seen Legally Blonde there so not sure if it can hold a show like Finding Neverland.

#44 jon01

jon01

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

View Postmusicalfan, on 23 September 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

The set is large, but not Palladium scale, I think it could do well in a Savoy/Shaftesbury size venue.

The Curve stage has almost identical dimensions to the London Palladium, give or take a few centimeters!!

The problem with some of the mics was I believe caused be some of the hats/caps covering them at times

#45 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Just a quick info re Julian's off show. He's now scheduled to be off on 8th October so Norman Bowman will be on for the lead on that day.

#46 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Any news on a transfer? Really want to see it but cant get to leicester before it closes, plus it costs a bomb to get there

#47 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

View Postjon01, on 24 September 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

The Curve stage has almost identical dimensions to the London Palladium, give or take a few centimeters!!

The problem with some of the mics was I believe caused be some of the hats/caps covering them at times

The Curve stage has almost identical dimensions to the London Palladium ?????

#48 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

This is bound to transfer somewhere - too much time, money and effort has gone into it for just a 3 week try out (?) at Leicester. I just cannot get there - so hope to see it in London - the clips I've seen - it looks fabulous.

#49 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

It's the savoy

#50 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Had a feeling it would be the Savoy although the stage isn't that big so might be a tight squeeze getting the FN set on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users