• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ZiggyCJ

ZiggyCJ

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

When a show does 8 shows a week, how do they divide it between children when they have 3 actors?

Do most shows have 2 kids per role or 3?

#2 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

depends how long the show is running, depends on when the show is, depends what time the show is, depends what LEA the children are from!

there is no definitive answer! but no more than 3 consecutive shows is the general rule of the thumb ideally no more than two!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#3 busymum

busymum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(ZiggyCJ @ Feb 20 2009, 09:59 PM) View Post
When a show does 8 shows a week, how do they divide it between children when they have 3 actors?

Do most shows have 2 kids per role or 3?

In my experience most shows have 3 teams and they rotate them doing either 2 or 3 days in a row.

The rules as I understand them are:

Children should not take part in performances or rehearsals on more than six consecutive days.

A child must not perform for the maximum permitted days in a week or more than eight consecutive weeks without an interval of two weeks.

On a full day of attendance at school a child can only appear in one performance/rehearsal.  There must be an interval of one and half-hours between two performances/rehearsals in the same day.

This interval may be reduced to 45 minutes on two days in a week, providing the child is not at the place of performance for more than six hours.

A child may take part in performances of the same nature on the same day (this allows a child to take the part of another child in the same performance).

There are also lots of rules regarding schooling etc and as Laughingmonsta said it can depend on your LEA.

Busymum.

#4 dory

dory

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:theatre, films, music, tv and reading.

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(busymum @ Feb 23 2009, 11:07 AM) View Post
In my experience most shows have 3 teams and they rotate them doing either 2 or 3 days in a row.

The rules as I understand them are:

Children should not take part in performances or rehearsals on more than six consecutive days.

A child must not perform for the maximum permitted days in a week or more than eight consecutive weeks without an interval of two weeks.

On a full day of attendance at school a child can only appear in one performance/rehearsal. There must be an interval of one and half-hours between two performances/rehearsals in the same day.

This interval may be reduced to 45 minutes on two days in a week, providing the child is not at the place of performance for more than six hours.

A child may take part in performances of the same nature on the same day (this allows a child to take the part of another child in the same performance).

There are also lots of rules regarding schooling etc and as Laughingmonsta said it can depend on your LEA.

Busymum.

and in most cases they can only be in a heatre until a certain time we had to cancel a show of chitty due to techinal problems by the time it was sorted we couldnt go on because the kids could only be in the theatre until 10pm.

its a lot of factors when it comes kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users