820 replies to this topic

#1 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:18 PM

I went to see a matine performance of Les Miz in January 2009, and it was amazing, I desperately want to see it again but would like to experience a different cast....

The cast I saw featured David Shannon as Valjean, Nancy Sullivan as a phenomenal Eponine, a disapointing Allyson Brown as Fantine and a half-decent Leanne Dobinson as Cosette. I was most surprised at Nancy Sullivan - her version of 'On My Own' was actually stunning.  I thought all the performers were good, but I have heard of better casts and know that they often come and go, varying in quality. For example, I'd have loved to have seen Jo Ampil or Kerry Ellis as Fantine rather than Allyson Brown.

So my question is: does anyone know when the next cast change for Les Miz is set to take place?

Thanks.

#2 Guest_anon_*

Guest_anon_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(tsxmitw @ Feb 20 2009, 11:18 PM) View Post
I went to see a matine performance of Les Miz in January 2009, and it was amazing, I desperately want to see it again but would like to experience a different cast....

The cast I saw featured David Shannon as Valjean, Nancy Sullivan as a phenomenal Eponine, a disapointing Allyson Brown as Fantine and a half-decent Leanne Dobinson as Cosette. I was most surprised at Nancy Sullivan - her version of 'On My Own' was actually stunning.  I thought all the performers were good, but I have heard of better casts and know that they often come and go, varying in quality. For example, I'd have loved to have seen Jo Ampil or Kerry Ellis as Fantine rather than Allyson Brown.

So my question is: does anyone know when the next cast change for Les Miz is set to take place?

Thanks.

Cast change is towards the end of June

#3 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(anon @ Feb 21 2009, 12:06 AM) View Post
Cast change is towards the end of June

Thanks for the quick answer. smile.gif Any ideas on who will be taking over or staying on? Or is it impossible to speculate at this point?
Sorry, as you can tell, I am new to the game!

#4 Guest_Lee_*

Guest_Lee_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

I get a bit nervous when too many leads change, but it is also more exciting.  It feels like a brand new show.  Almost.

#5 Guest_dbt_*

Guest_dbt_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

Bring back John Owen Jones. It is just not the same without him.

#6 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

i saw the show on 17th feb, it was amazing, seated 4 rows from the stage i thought everyone was in top form, the singing and acting was superb, i have seen this show may times and had people in floods of tears around me, but this time i  also felt every emotion, both main characters and ensemble worked their majic to bring the story to life and i sat there transfixed for the whole show, well done again .

#7 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(dbt @ Feb 21 2009, 09:52 PM) View Post
Bring back John Owen Jones. It is just not the same without him.

Please no! It's been great having 2 different interpretations rather than the same one for 5 years. Personally I prefered Drew Sarich to JOJ.

#8 Guest_Blackpepperd_*

Guest_Blackpepperd_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 23 2009, 10:03 AM) View Post
Please no! It's been great having 2 different interpretations rather than the same one for 5 years. Personally I prefered Drew Sarich to JOJ.

I'd like to see Jeff Leyton return to the role of JVJ.The best by far.

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

When do rehearsals start for the new cast please?

#10 Guest_Guest_tommo2k_*_*

Guest_Guest_tommo2k_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

It says on david Shannon's website that he is in Les Mis until 9th May, does that mean there is a full cast change then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users