• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 BeingAlive85

BeingAlive85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

I'm hosting a reading of a new play and wondering if anyone has any advice on how to invite producers along. I've invited the major new writing producing houses in London (National, Royal Court, Soho Theatre, etc.) and had a good response, but just want to increase the chances of it being taken on by someone. Are there forums for freelance Off-West End producers, and is it worth emailing top-level West End producers or not?

#2 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

I put together a producer pack for my shows and mail out to pretty much everybody, give them the option of RSVP and follow up a week before the reading. You never know when someone will have a spare 45 minutes at lunch, especially if the reading is in a central location. I also mail out to all of the theatres aswell for any inhouse stuff.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users