• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

When did you see the show? I saw it two weeks ago and they had plenty of programmes... I'm sure they will start selling them online soon. Or maybe you could message them and ask again?

#42 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

I saw it about three weeks ago and they had sold out but were getting new programmes in like two days later but I left the day before. Is it a good brochure? Can't believe how expensive they are! Yeah thanks I might have to do that, going to work out pricey with postage as well!

#43 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Aww, that's too bad... :(
I agree, the price for programmes on Broadway is way over the top... (Book of Mormon even charges 25$ at the theatre... -.-)
But it's a very cool programme, pictures for every song, some interviews and production infos. And no ads at all. :)
The inlay that features all the cast is actually a fold out poster with all the jumping characters and "everybody say yeah!" on it.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you getting your own brochure soon!

#44 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

The souvenir programme can now be ordered via the official website! :)

http://www.kinkymerc...ouvenir-program

#45 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Thanks SO much Jess173, it wasn't there when I last looked! I have had the soundtrack on repeat all weekend!

#46 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

I have yet made it throug one listen of the cast recording. It just seems too generic...

Maybe seeing it will help, but the songs do not stand out. The opening is terrible and don't get me started on the British accents.
MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

#47 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

You're welcome Sam22. :)

I love the cast recording! But I think it really helps to know what's going on on stage... There is so much happening in the opening number that is hard to get without seeing it... I also think that songs like "In This Corner" are probably hard to listen to, when you don't see the action involved...

I absolutely adored the show and I listen to the cast recording a lot now... I really hope I can make it back to Broadway to see it again with this cast! (And I really hope they bring it to London which would be a lot cheaper for me... ^^)

#48 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostMusicalTalk, on 16 June 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

I have yet made it throug one listen of the cast recording. It just seems to generic...

Maybe seeing it will help, but the songs do not stand out. The opening is terrible and don't get me started on the British accents.

Yeah I was the same as you, I listened to the soundtrack before the show and just thought it was ok and then saw the show which I enjoyed, wasn't best thing I've seen but yeah did put the songs in context etc. Now I am home and listening to the cd I like it more than I did even during the show! I'd recommend Soul of a Man, History of Wrong Guys and Not My Father's Son as they are probably what I've listened to the most.

I agree the accents aren't great but I think on the night I didn't actually notice because they were a thousand times better to the terrible terrible accents in Jekyll & Hyde!

#49 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

The creative team were looking round the Adelphi last week

#50 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostJamiem, on 06 July 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

The creative team were looking round the Adelphi last week

Well that doesn't bode well for its current show does it!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

Also tagged with Broadway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users