- - - - -

Best Dates And Stalls For Hello, Dolly! At Curve In Leicester?

seating stalls holidays christmas newyears hellodolly curve leicester hellodolly! carolineoconnor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blackpen

blackpen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

After seeing Caroline O'Connor in Gypsy at Curve Theatre in Leicester, I was overjoyed to read of her return there this holiday season (30 November through 12 January) for Hello, Dolly! I plan to return to Curve, too.

The Christmas/New Year's Day season poses its own challenges. All else equal, which would you consider the most hectic and the quietest times on most folks' calendars, including the schedules of (1) one or two people who might be involved with the production and (2) fellow theater lovers at Curve generally?

All of the following date ranges are Thursday through Monday: (1) 6-10 December (just after official 5 December opening); (2) 13-17 December; (3) 3-7 January (mostly before final week). I'm also considering (4) Thursday, 27 December, through Tuesday, 1 January.

For Gypsy, Curve eliminated rows A through D of its stalls. It does not seem to be doing so for Hello, Dolly! Based on your own experiences at Curve, what are these four frontmost rows like regarding viewing angles, closeness to the stage, etc.? Any stalls you'd recommend (or recommend against)?

Let me know your best thoughts here!

#2 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

I often go to Curve - every seat has an excellent view of the stage there - even the slips.
I imagine that they will be a public dress rehearsal again so you could get tickets for £2 max. for this on the day, although they are popular as you can imagine.
Also, if you are taking someone (or yourself) of 25 or under, they can get a £5 ticket for any seat/ any show, if they join CYC. (Most likely).
I recommend somewhere in the middle stalls - you feel more part of the action there I think.
Bare in mind that Curve's stage is quite wide, as well.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

Also tagged with seating, stalls, holidays, christmas, newyears, hellodolly, curve, leicester, hellodolly!, carolineoconnor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users