111 replies to this topic

#111 foxford

foxford

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

View Postdan, on 04 October 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Mostly because it was a community for people to meet & chat as much as it was a shop. People paid the prices out of loyalty and quite often your loyalty would be rewarded as a signed item would unexpectedly pop through your door instead of the bog standard edition. Or an event would be organised to publicise a release, not just some soulless button pushing on Amazon. Some people value community and face to face over cash. I will defend this aspect of DC til the cows come home because it was this that drew mw to the shop in the first place. I can perfectly understand the other side; getting the best deal. Different strokes etc.

I always found a visit a horrible experience, and the customer service dreadful. If you want to hang out in a fun community theatre space, try the Phoenix!

#112 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

View Postfoxford, on 06 October 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

I always found a visit a horrible experience, and the customer service dreadful. If you want to hang out in a fun community theatre space, try the Phoenix!

Excuse me Foxford, what/where is The Phoenix?
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users