#81 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Postxanderl, on 05 September 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

“The shop continues online, although technical difficulties are presently preventing it from trading”

Piss up in a brewery spring to mind …

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#82 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Like walking into a shop, picking up something to buy and told at the checkout "sorry, but we're not trading".
I hate to see what they're doing to it, they really are a complete disaster!

#83 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

It's attention seeking- that's what it feels like to me. They announced difficulty, had the concert which got them publicity and a bit of money, they then announced full closure, they've closed, and now they're re-opening again, in exactly the same location. The shop hasn't been cleared of stock as far as I'm aware. It's as if they've planned it all along- we'll 'close', have a holiday and re-open again... we've made a few headlines, had a surge of sales in the 'closing week' (?). Oh, and the website has packed in. Maybe that one wasn't planned....

As I say, I don't know if what I've said is actually the case. I hope not. It is just what it feels like to my cynical self. So sorry Dress Circle, you've got no sympathy from me. Overpriced, poor service in my experience, and poor management by the looks of it.

#84 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostReich, on 06 September 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

Piss up in a brewery spring to mind

Where I work, last year we did successfully organise a piss up in a brewery. No matter what happens in the future, that's now one criticism nobody can ever level at us.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#85 BillyE

BillyE

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

And now the website appears to be down?  Any ideas what's going on?  Hardly an effective way to run a business.

#86 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

I don't think they have any idea themselves what's going on so not much chance of any of us knowing! ;(

#87 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Well now we know why it's a pop-up shop, they went into liquidation owning £200K+ and now are operating under a different name full story on The Stage http://www.thestage....-circle-reopens
www.frontrowdress.com

#88 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

So they can just owe people 200k, shut up shop, change the name slightly and start trading again? I can understand how creditors are furious. It's outrageous really that they can get away with doing that. Surely there are laws against reckless trading, defrauding people out of money etc. If I was a supplier I'd be insisting on cash on delivery but really I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole! How is anyone crazy enough to supply them with stock in this new store knowing they'll most likely never be paid?

#89 dan

dan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Zippy: Your constant bile & negativity against the shop says an awful lot more about you than it does about them. Did nobody start a conversation with you about your 'Fiddler on the Roof' sweatshirt on your last visit?

Have you looked at the average high street recently? Empty shops, previously massive chains gone out of business, Poundland!!! Dress Circle did the impossible by staying open as long as it did, and if it has employed less than salubrious tactics to do so then so be it. Supermarkets screw over farmers every day, small independent businesses face unpaid bills for services rendered on an alarmingly regular basis and unfortunately thats just business. Survival of the fittest from now on.

#90 isleofmusicals

isleofmusicals

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

All a bit of a shame if you ask me.  I have many happy memories of the Dress Circle, but alas I won't be shopping with them again!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users