- - - - -

Where To Sit In The Manchester Palace.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Alien_*

Guest_Alien_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hey, just about to book tickets for We Will Rock You in Manchester?

having never sat in the Palace, where would you recommend me sit?

STALLS
Row T - Seats 6 & 7 - 31 each
Row U - Seats 10 & 11 - 26 each

CIRCLE
Row J - Seats 1 & 2 - 31 each
Row O - Seats 3 & 4 - 26 each

Grand
Row B - Seats 17 & 18 - 31 each
Row F - Seats 22 & 23 - 26 each
Row K - Seats 16 & 27 - 21 each

Would the Row B of the Grand be better than row T at the back of the stalls for the same price?
I'm more inclined to go with Row U of stalls... but just how far back does that feel, and is the stage
obstructed by the overhang of the circle?

also, on the ticket master website it says 'UB40' is a concession type. What is UB40?!

#2 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

Doesn't "UB40" mean that you're unemployed? I seem to vaguely recall that being linked to how the band by that name came to choose it as a name.
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#3 Guest_Alien_*

Guest_Alien_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Feb 28 2009, 03:26 PM) View Post
Doesn't "UB40" mean that you're unemployed? I seem to vaguely recall that being linked to how the band by that name came to choose it as a name.

Well i AM unemployed - does this mean i can get the concession?! However, i have no proof that i am unemployed, if they ask me for it when i'm trying to enter the theatre!!

#4 putter

putter

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

Personally I would go for the grand tier.  It's a good view, though leg room is bad if you are tall (I have no problem being just over 5 foot).  Back stalls feel too far away for my liking but the view is fine (think the very top of the stage will be cut off by the overhang but not enough to spoil anything) and the leg room is good.

And they never check ID there unless you are buying tickets in person from the box office.

#5 Guest_Guest_vertigo1_*_*

Guest_Guest_vertigo1_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE(putter @ Mar 1 2009, 04:07 PM) View Post
Personally I would go for the grand tier.  It's a good view, though leg room is bad if you are tall (I have no problem being just over 5 foot).  Back stalls feel too far away for my liking but the view is fine (think the very top of the stage will be cut off by the overhang but not enough to spoil anything) and the leg room is good.

And they never check ID there unless you are buying tickets in person from the box office.

#6 Guest_Guest_vertigo1_*_*

Guest_Guest_vertigo1_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:16 AM

hey
I work there and of the options you have given i would go for B row in the Grand Tier, its high up but you are right at the front and the view is fantastic. The Leg Room is limited if you are tall but you will see everything, nothing is limited in view, you can see the top of the stage fine x

#7 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

Leg room across the whole theatre is pretty poor but for a good view you need front Grand Tier or front mid to front circle.
I won't be called a baggage!

#8 JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

My experience of the Palace's legroom in the circle has been awful.  2 shows ruined by being cramped up in unbearable pain/stiffness.  If you have any height at all, avoid.  I always go for the stalls now and would probably consider missing the show if stalls are not available.  It's ridiculous - if they just removed several rows in the circle (how easy would this be, I'm not sure?) leg room would be much improved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users