54 replies to this topic

#11 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

I don't think it was only Twitter- I was certainly not approached in that way. I got a general email if I remember rightly.

#12 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hmm, the plot thickens!

#13 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

I have two problems with this new lay-out, the first being the seeming lack of a direct login option from the home page (navigate to /login in order to do so).

The second being for EntryPass tickets there is now no way of establishing whether a performance has tickets available or not apart from going to that specific performance's booking page - the old system had the usual orange/black which told you instantly. A minor niggle is the lack of a way for EntryPass members to book tickets that are not EP whilst logged-in (which is the same as the old system).

#14 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 12 August 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

I have two problems with this new lay-out, the first being the seeming lack of a direct login option from the home page (navigate to /login in order to do so).

The second being for EntryPass tickets there is now no way of establishing whether a performance has tickets available or not apart from going to that specific performance's booking page - the old system had the usual orange/black which told you instantly. A minor niggle is the lack of a way for EntryPass members to book tickets that are not EP whilst logged-in (which is the same as the old system).

I spoke to a manager about this, who had no idea it was working this way - I'm waiting for a callback this week about it, so let's hope it's a bit of a glitch.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#15 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostKevinUK, on 13 August 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

I spoke to a manager about this, who had no idea it was working this way - I'm waiting for a callback this week about it, so let's hope it's a bit of a glitch.

Let's hope so :)

#16 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Nope, apparently intentional. They are going to put a notice up for EP members to recommend does with best availability though.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#17 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostKevinUK, on 19 August 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

Nope, apparently intentional. They are going to put a notice up for EP members to recommend does with best availability though.

Well, that's bonkers - seeing as when logged in EP members can't book for non-EP tickets.

#18 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2091 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Quite right too. Make you young cheapskates put some work in. It's character building.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#19 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

View Postxanderl, on 19 August 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Quite right too. Make you young cheapskates put some work in. It's character building.

I don't see why it's "quite right" to have a system installed like this now is - which is a backwards step on the previous system. If EP members could buy non EP tickets, then fine, but the system as it now stands means tickets often look available only then to discover they are not. They've clearly learnt from LOCOG :)

I am, however, trying to not take the "cheapskates"/"character building" references personally (as that does rather tar everyone 16-25 with the same brush).

#20 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

When is the new booking period open?
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users