54 replies to this topic

#21 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

I love being able to pick my own seat in the Cottesloe, but my one gripe with the new system is that the dates seats are available/no longer available don't update as quickly as the old system.  I keep finding a clickable date for Curious Incident, only to find there aren't any seats available, something that never used to be an issue.

I also really wish I could stay logged in, at least while my browser is open.  I would have thought that would be a simple issue to deal with, and one most people would welcome.

#22 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1666 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostBeth, on 26 August 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

I also really wish I could stay logged in, at least while my browser is open.  I would have thought that would be a simple issue to deal with, and one most people would welcome.

Agreed. Would be nice!

#23 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hmm... Logged in at 8.29 to book tickets for new season.  I'm currently no. 915 in the queue.  I had thought the queue wouldn't open until booking time.  Learning for next time - get in the queue early!  (Which is, I suppose, like "real life" queues...!)

#24 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1666 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

I am very confused by the pick your own seats in the Cotteslow.....it doesn't seem to show up all the seats! Maybe it needs a cleverer computer than mine....works fine for the other theatres at National however so maybe just rubbish at their end? Anyway, have booked 2 tickets for The Effect no problem....went for £20 option level 2.
No queue for me but found that the dates only turned live when I clicked "show all dates" ...perhaps coincidence, perhaps not!

#25 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostLatecomer, on 10 September 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

No queue for me but found that the dates only turned live when I clicked "show all dates" ...perhaps coincidence, perhaps not!

When did you sign in?  I got put in a queue as soon as I entered my login details, before getting any access to production information...  (sitting at 262 now)

#26 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I've made a selection and it's stalled at 'Adding to basket;

#27 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

I think I need to try another browser... I got to the top of the queue, asked again for my login details and I'm back at 991...!

#28 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1666 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Logged in at 8ish and then kept "active" on the website until 8.30 so it didn't log me out.

#29 AnnieInTheStalls

AnnieInTheStalls

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

I was rather alarmed to be 1749 on the queue at 9.10. But I like the new queuing system very much (there's something similar when booking for the Proms).

Got tickets I wanted for The Effect, People and Port, but couldn't get a cheap pair for The Magistrate any time at all. Anyone know why this is so popular?

#30 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Not very happy with this... went on to the website at 0829 and got put through two sets of queues, so didn't get through the booking system until about 1020, by which time no Pit tickets whatsoever for The Effect and precious few at other levels.  In addition the seat maps didn't render properly on my laptop (they always used to) so had to go for NT choosing my seats for each production.

I always found NT booking frustrating but got what I wanted in the end... and I'm OK with a queuing system if it works properly, but I spent over two hours online this morning and didn't get what I wanted...

(I also saw The Magistrate heavily booked, but got two in row G in mid-Dec after quite a lot of hunting...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users