- - - - -

Lord of the Rings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Lord Of The Ring? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

What will Lord of the Rings be?

1. A Flop (14 votes [56.00%])

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

2. A Success (8 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

3. Just be 'another' West End show (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

4. Don't Care (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

Vote

#1 Wickalot Q

Wickalot Q

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:15 PM

I Think its going to be good what does everyone think?

#2 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(Wickalot Q @ Mar 9 2007, 12:15 PM) View Post
I Think its going to be good what does everyone think?

Ive voted flop, because I think it will, HOWEVER im really looking forward to it and think it will be amazing, but I just dont think there are enough people who want to see it to make it a success in the longterm and it will flop.

#3 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:03 PM

I've gone for don't care.

Sorry but I've never read any of the books or seen a single second of any of the films as all that Elf stuff just leaves me cold.
Which way did he go McGill?

#4 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(QuincyMD @ Mar 9 2007, 02:03 PM) View Post
I've gone for don't care.

Sorry but I've never read any of the books or seen a single second of any of the films as all that Elf stuff just leaves me cold.

I felt the same way, never been into fantasy at all, then i saw the first film and was hooked!

#5 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

I hope it's a great success as much as I hope any show that opens is a great success, but I admit, I do have reservations about this show.  It has the potential to be the biggest turkey in theatre history.
I won't be called a baggage!

#6 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

I think the general public would rather watch the films.  Whereas the theatre going public will be interested to see the staging, but they'd probably be more buzz if the producers released a few songs first....perhaps on the website.  If it's all Enya and folk whistles, rambling on without a chorus, I'll probably give it a miss.

#7 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

My hopes are really rather high for this production. Whatever happens it is going to be a specactular show the likes of which have never been seen in the West End before.

#8 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(Blue @ Mar 10 2007, 10:31 AM) View Post
My hopes are really rather high for this production. Whatever happens it is going to be a specactular show the likes of which have never been seen in the West End before.
  • Audiences don't want things they've never seen before. They want something safe and familiar for their 60 to 70.
  • No show that has promised something "the likes of which have never been seen" has ever delivered on that promise.
  • Most shows that have made that claim in their publicity have flopped badly.
  • All of them have been dreadful.
Were it not for that claim I might be optimistic. As it is, the show sounds like every other mediocre show that has tried to talk up its special effects in an attempt to convince the public they'll be seeing something of worth. Three hours of spectacle makes for a numbing evening of boredom. It's like watching three hours of fireworks: no matter how much you go "ooh" to start with, after a while you just want it to end. Certainly my own experience is that when any show claims to be doing something new it turns out that the only thing it can do is suck and die.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users