100 replies to this topic

#101 xy_whitefaerie

xy_whitefaerie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostJames84, on 24 February 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I just didn't get all the fuss about this play. Yes, it's an interesting plot and well acted, but I didn't leave thinking I'd seen a profound piece of theatre. I certainly wouldn't have gone again and actually felt it dragged at some points with some quite dull writing in parts.

I think most of us would agree that the play would have been better if some scenes were cut shorter. It wasn’t a flawless play (clinically, some things wouldn’t have made sense) but I think Lucy Prebble did a great job in writing characters that the audience cared about; and the actors played them wonderfully. It is through these characters that she explored questions that usually only people studying/working in the area would take interest in. This is why I liked the play- it brought up questions that were worth thinking about and maybe it helped that the themes explored were relevant to what I'm studying. And I appreciate that Prebble addressed the questions in the play. Because it was done in such a simple yet engaging way, it gives us a chance to consider the questions but not leaving with a headache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users