• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 LucyOH

LucyOH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Thank you very much to everyone for your comments about our recently launched membership scheme. Good and bad, it is great to hear your thoughts. We are delighted to have been able to partner with the National on the upcoming production of The Effect and are thrilled that they have supported the launch of our membership scheme and granted Headlong members priority booking along with NT members. As a touring company, we are working with the theatres we visit through the year to offer priority booking to the majority of our other shows, including two more at another London venue which we will be able to announce shortly.  We hope that the modest price for the annual membership of £15 will encourage people to support our work in the current economic climate as well as receiving some benefit; whether that is through priority booking, workshops or member only Q&A’s with production creative teams. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you at our upcoming productions. http://headlongtheat....uk/membership/

#22 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3749 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Will you be offering priority for American Psycho at the Almeida, or is it too early to tell?

#23 LucyOH

LucyOH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thank you for your message. We are currently speaking with the Almeida about this and hope to be able to offer it.

#24 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for coming here to explain your plans and respond to questions!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#25 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Message on National website......
All currently-announced performances of The Effect are Sold Out.

More performances will be announced in the next booking period, which goes on sale (initially to Members) in November.

:ph34r:

#26 Parsley

Parsley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Yes a big shock- glad I took my allocation of 4 last week
Billie Piper was good in Reasons...but that play is hardly a "rush to see"

I wonder what the attraction is here- perhaps a combo of her, as well as an excellent young cast in general and the Enron author?

Anyway, don't they have to save some tickets for Advance and public booking???

#27 Parsley

Parsley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

sorry to add but is related...

I found the new booking system to be fine last week

I usually only book single or pairs of tickets

It's always a balance when looking at membership and tickets and loyalty to a theatre

Generally the NT have their act sorted with box office and ticket sales- I haven't not got a £12 ticket for any show for over 3 years there now. It just takes some planning and flexibility with dates....

#28 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

And also Rupert Goold and Miriam Buether returning to the theatre where they premiered Earthquakes in London.

The prospects for new plays in established theatres are very good this autumn, particularly with The Effect and the Royal Court's entire  programme. Also, Headlong are touring Mike Bartlett's new Medea, which he's also directing. And Alan Bennett's People is also highly anticipated. I hope people post in the forum if they see other new plays which are more off the beaten track.

#29 Parsley

Parsley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

I am interested to see if people who are members of the NT/ Almeida/ Donmar etc. buy tickets at the higher "full" prices- there is a pretty difference in pricing of shows at the NT especially with top price in Oliver and Lyttleton nudging £50 now...a big difference to £12 anyway

I have developed this habit of just getting "one of everything" when booking periods open at the lowest possible prices

Odd I suppose but ensures I don't miss anything at all ever!

#30 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostParsley, on 11 September 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

I am interested to see if people who are members of the NT/ Almeida/ Donmar etc. buy tickets at the higher "full" prices- there is a pretty difference in pricing of shows at the NT especially with top price in Oliver and Lyttleton nudging £50 now...a big difference to £12 anyway

I have developed this habit of just getting "one of everything" when booking periods open at the lowest possible prices

Odd I suppose but ensures I don't miss anything at all ever!

It's a huge difference in price isn't it...I now buy tickets and if I think a production looks just too dull after reviews come out then I hand back tickets for credit (minus £2 a ticket). Can do this with no quibbles at the good old National up to 2 days before the play. Also means I am more keen to book in winter (when there might be snow) as if the forecast looks foul I can cancel...then I leave tickets to be collected at the box office, just in case!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users