100 replies to this topic

#51 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Don't think I'll even be trying for the Shed - it sounds even more uncomfortable than the Cottesloe, where your neighbour is free to encroach on your seat if s/he is laterally challenged.  Still, I'll wait to see what's on offer.

#52 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 08 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

The Cottesloe is cheap compared to the NT's other two auditoria. £32 top price, some bargainous £12 seats in row T. The trouble is it can be difficult to get the seats in the first place, though the Dorfman will hold more. Meanwhile, we'll have The Shed- seating less than the Cottesloe. Good luck getting tickets there!

When they have a system thats this complicated to actually do something as simple as selling a ticket, someone has clearly been overthinking. Even the site seems to have had a brainstorm keeping up .I just tried the site only to find that where a show is  listed as having seats  available, it  claims to have none when you actually click the link to that day and go  there - or on another day it claims that there are 32 seats free, offers you only one with restricted views,  and shows none as available if you try and find one yourself.

#53 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

I've also found the Cottesloe booking section of the NT site does this often.  Lately I've been trying for returns for something and have frequently seen seats supposedly available in some part of the house for a particular performance, only to find each section showing "sold out" once I proceed.

#54 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Very strong reviews for this: 5* Telegraph & Standard. 4* Guardian.

#55 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I had that problem with seat avalability when I was keeping an eye out for Curious Incident tickets. I came to the conclusion that it must be Entry Pass tickets showing up, or something like that, as i could never actually buy tickets when the site was showing an orange date. I even phoned the box office one time to check and they told me it was definitely sold out and that they'd get someone to check the website, but nothing changed.

#56 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

No, not EP tickets either- they're all sold out too. I think the website is simply VERY slow in updating itself. It's mightily annoying- the old website used to be so easy to spot returns. The seating plan graphics (for the Olivier and Lyt) were much nicer too.

#57 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Was just listening to Front Row at Radio 4, and they were raving about it (quite right too), with special praise for Billie Piper and it dawned on me she could well win awards for it.

#58 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

On the subject of the NT website for this play, even the Box Office staff don't seem to be aware of it or its appearance.  I managed to bag a return online when there was no seating plan shown.  Later I noticed a plan had been added and that there was a better (for me, physically) seat available in the same price range so I rang to ask if I could change it.  Firstly the person to whom I spoke expressed surprise that there was a seating plan online as he said he hadn't seen one himself; then, when he checked and agreed that there was one and that it must be of recent origin, he said the online version didn't accurately reflect the actual configuration and that where I could see a double row of seats, it was really only a single one.  Almost worse than useless if the plan is misleading!

#59 foxa

foxa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Theatre (obviously), film, books, walking

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

I wonder if this is one worth trying for returns for - tonight, though v. busy it did look like there were a couple of seats going (or else people had bought two seats so they could spread out.)  We were upstairs which was packed, but downstairs looked particularly cool - I think it would be neat to see it from there in what looks like a medical waiting room.

This is really worth seeing.  I brought a small group of A level students who absolutely loved it - some saying it was the best thing they'd ever seen (okay, maybe they haven't seen that much.)  I think it made up for 'The Three Sisters' at the Young Vic that I'd dragged them to.

Piper was amazing, but Jonjo O'Neill was quite something as well.  (I'd write more but I don't know how to put in spoilers.)

#60 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

[ spoiler ]

[ /spoiler ]

Without the spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users