142 replies to this topic

#131 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

thanks PH2. Do you just sort of lurk outside door of theatre (if there isn't already a queue to join?) this will be my first day seating attempt

#132 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yes, just lurk by the main doors and bring something to read, although you'll probably end up chatting to your fellow queue-ees, all of whom will be sitting in your row that night.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#133 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 12 February 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Sorry- misread Pegg's question. Thought she asked how many you can buy each.

Looking at Theatremonkey, there are 19 seats in the front row.

I had visions of a huge queue, to be told there were just two seats available. ;)

I phoned the theatre (to check box office opening time - 10am in case anyone else needs to know), and apparently they offer the front row and a few restricted view seats as well.

#134 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

View Postmallardo, on 12 February 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Yes, just lurk by the main doors and bring something to read, although you'll probably end up chatting to your fellow queue-ees, all of whom will be sitting in your row that night.
Thanks, you were quite right, it was rather jolly, it's amazing how time can fly when you wait next to a fellow theatre enthusiast and can discuss everything you have ever seen.

Now I just need to work out what on earth happened in the play.

#135 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

The comments by you guys have inspired me to go. :) Thanks for the info re pillar seats in the dress circle - I've got C15 for the final performance. For 10 quid! You all are the best.

#136 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5133 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Good or what? Brilliant and best I've seen of this play. It was KST as Anna tonight. Would love to see the other way now but prob won't.
Standing ovation.if you have the stamina do try for tix.

#137 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

No point trying for tix- it closed last night.

#138 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5133 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Gosh, I didn't realise. Maybe that accounts for the standing ovation. Well, I had hesitated about this but am v glad I saw it. Just to add that Rufus Sewell should be up for many more roles now. Was it his Macbeth that was awful? But he can take all the contemporary stuff and the 20th century classics now. He would be good in Stoppard. I first saw him as the tutor in Arcadia. Has graduated now to the academic part created by Bill Nighy. Would be fun to see him do that. Maybe not so much fun for him!

#139 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Saw the matinee before Lynette with KST as Kate. Cannot imagine it the other way round! Really enjoyed it from my seat behind the pillar bargain (it has moved and is now not behind a pillar despite the price being very cheap when I bought it...£10)
Took a friend who, like me, had no clue what was going on. This didn't stop me enjoying it immensely...and Rufus was lovely! Gradually developed a theory as the play progressed and enjoyed discussing later. It is lovely when you see a play for the first time and know nothing about it! :ph34r:

On a side note it was a small miracle we made it....fires on the line from Banbury to Marylebone, trains cancelled, mad dash from Haddenham station to Prices Risborough (didn't even know where the station was and only vaguely where the town was) then chaos there....saved by the train driver who was suddenly told to turf off passengers going North and take the train to Marylebone with no stopping!!!! I kid you not.....we had a whole train for 4 passengers! B) . Got to theatre with 20mins to spare. Thank heavens for my "buffer zone" that I plan in!

#140 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostLynette, on 07 April 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

Rufus Sewell ... would be good in Stoppard.

He recently played the mad priest in BBCtv Parade's End scripted by Tom Stoppard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users