#41 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2521 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

View Poststeveatplays, on 10 October 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

I'm sure they will spell out the casting for every night. I saw Frankenstein twice based on the alternate casting, and I booked twice because the NT published the schedule. Had they not done so, I would only have booked once. The producers know they will sell many more tickets at higher prices if they publish the schedule. I think I'll keep my eyes on the SFP website.

Disagree. Random decision immed pre-show highlights Pinteresque ambiguity. Why not see a random first and then pos return to a scheduled alternate casting?

#42 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I saw this at the Donmar and can't remember a single thing about it except the horrible screen in front of the stage. Does it make any difference who plays which part? Are they different enough that people will see it twice?

#43 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2521 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

View Postarmadillo, on 10 October 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I saw this at the Donmar and can't remember a single thing about it except the horrible screen in front of the stage. Does it make any difference who plays which part? Are they different enough that people will see it twice?

It's a fluid, ambiguous play full of memories or what are claimed to be memories. The point is that people may be intrigued by their first viewing to come back to see the swapped casting. It may be that there will be strong assonances between each actor's portrayals of both characters. Spooky, to quote Dame Edna.

#44 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

Performance schedule now available on  Atg Harold Pinter theatre ticket website.

Has details of who is scheduled to play which role : http://www.atgticket...ia/44/36256.pdf

Majority of performances seem to be pre-determined, only about a dozen performances are determined by a coin toss.

Previously booked for 26th Jan, so now also booked the 25th as well to see a reversed role show as well.

#45 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Looks like front and back row of stalls are being kept back, both at 10, for day seats
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#46 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 10 October 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

It's a fluid, ambiguous play full of memories or what are claimed to be memories. The point is that people may be intrigued by their first viewing to come back to see the swapped casting. It may be that there will be strong assonances between each actor's portrayals of both characters. Spooky, to quote Dame Edna.

Assonance - The repetition of identical or similar vowel sounds in neighbouring words. :blink:

#47 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Tempted to make a day of it and see a matinee and evening with roles reversed, unsure though.. Is the play any good (don't know much about it at all).
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#48 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

The pillars are mine! For £10 each they are a bargain....booked for matinee last day. April is so long away but it will be Spring by then! Hurrah!

Oh and sat in pillar seats for Children's Hour...they are brilliant seats! :lol:

#49 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

View Postxanderl, on 10 October 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

No, I mean the ones behind and to the side - o6 etc

O17 - fantastic seat. Saw A Chorus from there, had no problems at all on restricted view for any of the actual action.

#50 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Fab, thanks!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users