#51 yallerybrown

yallerybrown

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostDragononmyback, on 10 October 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Performance schedule now available on  Atg Harold Pinter theatre ticket website.

Has details of who is scheduled to play which role : http://www.atgticket...ia/44/36256.pdf

Majority of performances seem to be pre-determined, only about a dozen performances are determined by a coin toss.

Previously booked for 26th Jan, so now also booked the 25th as well to see a reversed role show as well.

Thanks! So it looks like they are doing a similar thing to Frankenstein at the NT. I wonder what'll be like on the nights when they flip a coin!

I saw BETRAYAL at this theatre which Kristin Scott Thomas was in and it was one of the most intelligent interpretations of Pinter. Add great performances and it was so good.  With the cheap tickets, think I might go see both versions!

#52 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5136 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Been told that KST would be best as Anna. Or rather Anna best played by KST. Totally subjective view of course but from someone who does recall last outing of the play. So if you can only go for one performance, you can consider this opinion. I've booked April. My Saturdays rapidly filling up for first third of 2013.

#53 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostLynette, on 14 October 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Been told that KST would be best as Anna. Or rather Anna best played by KST. Totally subjective view of course but from someone who does recall last outing of the play.

When was the last time ? I remember the Haymarket one with Micheal Gambon, Liv Ullmann and Nicola Pagett - totally lost in that large theatre of course.

#54 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostEpicoene, on 15 October 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

When was the last time ? I remember the Haymarket one with Micheal Gambon, Liv Ullmann and Nicola Pagett - totally lost in that large theatre of course.

The Donmar in 2004 with Jeremy Northam, Gina McKee and Helen McCrory.  There was a mesh screen in front of the stage to alienate/annoy the audience.

#55 Whenindisgrace

Whenindisgrace

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

There was a very good one in 1995 at the Wyndhams with Julie Christe (in the bath-towel role), Harriet Walter, and Leigh Lawson, directed by someone called Lindy  Davies; it had transferred from the Theatre Clwyd in Mold.

#56 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Which are the best £10 tickets?  I was planning on seeing both versions on the same day and it's my Pinter-loving friend's birthday soon, so loving friend that I am I'm spending as little as possible.  ATG tells me the 'best available' at £10 are O16 (Pillar in middle of view) and O17 (Your view may be momentarily interrupted at certain times).  Every time I've been here I've shuffled into the pillar seats to see the view and it looks bad (and every time I've been someone else has paid, else I'll get day tickets, avoiding heinous prices and potentially dodgy views).  How do pillar seats compare with the "Will miss bottom corner of stage" ones still available in the Royal Circle, or any in the balcony?  Or should I be a teeny bit nicer and spend £25 per ticket?

#57 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

N7/15 stalls- bargain, minimal leaning to one side required.

#58 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

I sat in them for Children's Hour. N15. They are fab! Agree with Pharaoh

#59 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

N15 and N7 have gone up from £10 to £49.50 and £35 respectively. Sure the view ain't bad if you lean a bit, but that pricing is ridiculous.

Looking forward to seeing this though. I'm at the press night in a couple of weeks, and the performance role-swap schedule says tbc, so I wonder which way round it'll be. And given that there seems to be only one press night (only one 7pm start), will the critics only be reviewing one way round?

#60 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

How bizarre! I'm sure they were £10 when I booked (I went for the row O ones to see what they are like)
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users