Jump to content


Old Times Kristin Scott Thomas


  • Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#61 Latecomer

Latecomer

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oxford

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I too am very confused by the prices of N15 and N7...make no sense! Plus why would you buy N15 when on the plan it is clearly behind a pillar! You would surely choose a non pillar seat for 49.50! Had to run and check my N15 ticket but definitely has 10 pounds written on it!

#62 xanderl

xanderl

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Absolutely, on one of my visits to N7 I was sitting next to someone who initially thought N7 was her seat and was most indignant that she'd paid full whack to sit behind a pillar.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#63 theatreliker

theatreliker

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

If you booked within the first few days that they went on sale then I think some prices have changed since then. I got a front stalls student seat for £20 but that option has apparently now gone.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#64 peggs

peggs

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

darn it, should have been quicker off the mark, £49.50 is one pricey ticket but don't really fancy life behind a pillar, are as many seats as badly effected as the seating plan suggests? Seems a bit limiting for a theatre.

#65 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3746 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

There are 2 pairs of seats in row O which are a tenner.... similar view to row N. May have to hold one seat in a different browser to get around the single seat issue.



#66 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3746 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

View Posttheatreliker, on 13 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

If you booked within the first few days that they went on sale then I think some prices have changed since then. I got a front stalls student seat for £20 but that option has apparently now gone.

Same- I have my tix in hand but I hope they're still valid!



#67 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Is there day seats for this?

#68 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

    Dis Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 13 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Same- I have my tix in hand but I hope they're still valid!

I expect you're joking but, in case some people think you're seriously concerned, perhaps it's worth repeating here that this is an example of dynamic pricing where the theatre continually reviews and adjusts its pricing structure so as to optimise both box office income and the number of tickets sold.

#69 Epicoene

Epicoene

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 14 January 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

I expect you're joking but, in case some people think you're seriously concerned, perhaps it's worth repeating here that this is an example of dynamic pricing where the theatre continually reviews and adjusts its pricing structure so as to optimise both box office income and the number of tickets sold.

Why would it not just optimise (maximise) box office income ? Could they care less about number of tickets sold ?

#70 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

    Dis Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostEpicoene, on 14 January 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Why would it not just optimise (maximise) box office income ? Could they care less about number of tickets sold ?

More tickets sold means more sales of programmes and refreshments, etc. and more buzz and wider word of mouth leading to more future sales.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users