#81 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostAnnieInTheStalls, on 16 January 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Was that (Gambon/Ullman) 1984-ish? If so it means I have seen Michael Gambon onstage without realising. I was at a sparsely attended matinee and at the interval an elderly man nearby asked me "What's going on? Why are they behaving like this?". Suspect I gave an A-level student pseud's answer. I like KST, but have no desire to see this again!

1985. Haymarket. Director David Jones. Other actor Nicola Pagett.

#82 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 13 January 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

I'm at the press night in a couple of weeks, and the performance role-swap schedule says tbc, so I wonder which way round it'll be. And given that there seems to be only one press night (only one 7pm start), will the critics only be reviewing one way round?

The reviewing critics have been invited to review both alternative castings - one on either Thu 24 or Tue 29 Jan and the other on the official press night of Thu 31 Jan.

#83 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I booked to see this on Friday evening (25th) and Sat evening (26th) because they were originally listed as having the two leads swapped for these two performances, now the listing for these shows says "To Be Confirmed".

So I'm now hoping that the casting is still as originally listed, but I may not know until I get to the 2nd show Sat evening. Will be slightly disappointed if I end up seeing the two actresses in the same roles both nights.

#84 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Anyone day seated for this? Planning on doing so this week and wondered how long I should plan to be out in the cold for.

#85 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Anyone been to see this yet? Just wondering what people who have seen it have thought so  far.

I am going tomorrow

#86 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Went last night. The performances are all absolutely immaculate. Stunning. The play is really very Pinter, so if you like that sort of thing, you're in for a very special treat. If you don't, you'll just be watching 3 truly great performances.

#87 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 24 January 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Went last night. The performances are all absolutely immaculate. Stunning. The play is really very Pinter, so if you like that sort of thing, you're in for a very special treat. If you don't, you'll just be watching 3 truly great performances.

Sounds good to me. Which roles were Kristin and Lia playing last night?

#88 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Kristin Scott Thomas was Kate, Lia Williams was Anna. KST is much more suited to the role of Kate, so it'll be interesting to see it the other way around. Which I hopefully will before too much longer. Was hoping for next week but suddenly the performance schedule is "yet to be confirmed"

#89 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 24 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

Kristin Scott Thomas was Kate, Lia Williams was Anna. KST is much more suited to the role of Kate, so it'll be interesting to see it the other way around. Which I hopefully will before too much longer. Was hoping for next week but suddenly the performance schedule is "yet to be confirmed"

Yes, I booked for Friday and Saturday evening when the schedule was first published aiming to see it in both casting configurations, but as you say they seem to have reset the roles to "yet to be confirmed" now, When I booked they were specified one each way. Hopefully that will still be the case but I might end up seeing it the same way twice now.

#90 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3751 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 24 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

The "tbc" has now gone from the schedule. I note that on the opening night, KST is Anna and LW Kate.

If you're there this Friday/Saturday Dragononmyback, I'm afraid you'll be seeing KST as Anna and LW as Kate twice.

Also, which character has blonde hair? KST looks awful in that wig on the production pics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users