#91 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 24 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

Kristin Scott Thomas was Kate, Lia Williams was Anna. KST is much more suited to the role of Kate, so it'll be interesting to see it the other way around. Which I hopefully will before too much longer. Was hoping for next week but suddenly the performance schedule is "yet to be confirmed"

V interesting: We saw it a few nights back: KST as Anna, and came out saying how glad we were we'd seen it that way round as she suited Anna more than Kate, BUT how we could see her playing Kate just as well!  Sign of a great actress!  She seemed to have a hoot with Anna.

#92 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 24 January 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

The "tbc" has now gone from the schedule. I note that on the opening night, KST is Anna and LW Kate.

If you're there this Friday/Saturday Dragononmyback, I'm afraid you'll be seeing KST as Anna and LW as Kate twice.

Also, which character has blonde hair? KST looks awful in that wig on the production pics.

Can you post the link please. I was using this one but it still shows tbc: http://www.atgticket...ia/44/37758.PDF

I don't really mind seeing it twice the same way around, but if i enjoy it this weekend I might have to grab a 3rd ticket to see it the other way.

#93 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Nevermind just found it :

http://www.oldtimest...CE-SCHEDULE.pdf

It's a shame they changed it as originally they were different.

#94 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

The link is from this page: http://www.oldtimestheplay.com/, in the main block of text. Would post a direct link, but can't do so on my device.

#95 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

The "tbc" has now gone from the schedule. I note that on the opening night, KST is Anna and LW Kate

Isn't this being reviewed in a Frankenstein way though, in that critics are being invited to see it the other way around before opening night and will review both performances? Am hoping to go back and see it with the roles swapped before too long.

#96 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 25 January 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Isn't this being reviewed in a Frankenstein way though, in that critics are being invited to see it the other way around before opening night and will review both performances? Am hoping to go back and see it with the roles swapped before too long.
Yes, it is, but there's only one 'opening night' which I assume will be with the usual marginally-famous folk in attendance.

#97 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Saw it last night (Friday) and had KST as Anna.  I agree with Paultheatre, above, that this would be my preferred way to see it.  Anna is the vivacious seducer, the flamboyant one, and it was wonderful to see KST working her elegant charm not only on the other characters but on the whole theatre.  Lia Williams is excellent as well and Rufus Sewell is quite magnificent, every bit as good as he was in Rock 'n' Roll a couple of seasons ago.  This cast could not be better.

But I was always going to love this.  The play is one of my favourite Pinter works, oblique and often puzzling as it is.  A three handed power game with reconstructed memories as the weapons of choice. What really took place twenty years ago?  As Anna says at one point, "There are some things one remembers even though they may never have happened."  

For day seaters, the front row is ten pounds and it's an amazing view.  You want to be as close as you can to this one.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#98 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I saw this on Saturday with KST as Anna. I'm also going next Saturday, 2 February, which is still showing as "Yet to be confirmed" on the pdf schedule. However, quick call to the HPT has confirmed that the evening performance on 2 February will have KST as Kate.

#99 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

As per the latest published schedule I ended up seeing Kristin as Anna both Friday and Saturday nights. Although slightly disappointed I did not see it both ways around I did enjoy it very much and thought that Kristin (Anna) and Lia (Kate) were both very good. My impression afterwards was that his woudl be the best way around, because they seemed so suited to the roels that way around, but I don't have anyting to compare it against. Rufus was also very good.

I might try and go again if I get the chance to see it the other way around, although it will probably be a little while before I get to London again, so it may or may not happen.

I did notice that there were some press folks there on Saturday night. I thought they might be getting the show in this way around before seeing it switched at the Press Night, but from the schedule it seems press night is also Kristin as Anna and Lia as Kate.

#100 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Thursday is also currently scheduled to be KST as Anna and LW as Kate, but given that it's changed so much already, who knows!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users