4 replies to this topic

#1 BackstageAcad

BackstageAcad

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:43 AM

Hi all

Thought this might interest you. Backstage Academy is a brand new multi-functional education facility in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. It's here to support the entertainment industry by providing training in a vast range of backstage skills, e.g. there is a foundation course, a diploma and professional development available. There is also great rehearsal space, used by some famous artists, with state-of-the-art facilities for learning.

Check it out here:

Supporting the entertainment industry - Backstage Academy

If you're looking to get into backstage work this could be the chance for you.

#2 JIJane

JIJane

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

It doesn't give any detail on course costs.

#3 elphie220987

elphie220987

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Music, Football, Films, Comedy.

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:32 AM

I've checked out the website but i'm a little stumped. It gives me information about courses etc but does it mean that a career backstage could be something achieveable for someone like me who hasn't done a college course related to backstage work already. I always thought working backstage was a million miles away from happening because I have no training in anything but I love theatre, concerts etc.
Ev'ryone Deserves The Chance To Fly
Defy Gravity!!!!

9th Sept - We Will Rock You - Hippodrome, Birmingham

30th Sept - Sister Act The Musical - Palladium, London

25th October - New England Patriots @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Wembley Stadium, London

#4 lizziett

lizziett

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:http://craigeels.com<br />http://www.myspace.com/neverforgetmusical

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

It's an interesting site, but it just confused me - you give basic info on the courses and nothing else...
How do you apply, costs, qualifications - maybe finish it before you post up the link? smile.gif

#5 Guest_Guest_Woodpusher_*_*

Guest_Guest_Woodpusher_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:45 AM

Do they have any counterweight flies?  Seems to be a major gap with most college-trained youngsters.  Common in theatre - rarely taught.  A new facility would be a perfect place to install some for training?

Before some bright spark makes a comment about just pulling ropes, I'll say you haven't spent enough of your life in the grid diverting to comment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users