If you are this person or know them, please do get in touch asap. We'd love to get you on the team.
Job title: Sales Manager: Whatsonstage.com
Job description: Whatsonstage.com seeks a Sales Manager to continue to grow to agreed targets the advertising revenue on the UK’s leading theatre website by selling online, email and occasional print campaigns to direct clients and agencies, and to further grow the sponsorship for the annual Whatsonstage.com Awards. The Sales Manager will be highly motivated, target driven and an organised self-starter.
Salary: Base salary (level according to experience) plus 5% on-target commission.
Reports to: Sales manager, Time Out Group
Managing and editorial director, Whatsonstage.com, Time Out Group
Main responsibilities of the role:
· Sell to direct clients and agencies banner advertising onto Whatsonstage.com and email campaigns to a growing subscriber list
· Sell to direct clients and agencies sponsorship and programme advertising for the annual Whatsonstage.com Awards
· Facilitate the increase in advertising revenue through established Industry Sourcing new business leads/setting up meetings
· Manage the sales assistant including training motivation and assessing their performances
· Manage the accounts process and chase outstanding debts
• Collate statistics for monthly advertising media reports
• Attend and contribute to regular team, advertising and marketing meetings
• Attend and help staff Whatsonstage.com Outings across the West End
• Be prepared to work outside normal office hours as required
• Assist in the management and development of the company's sales and new business activity in all areas under the direction of the MD
• Deal with and manage all administration involved in the advertising process
• Manage marketing research to fully cover the theatre market and beyond
• Involvement in the marketing and business strategy of the company
• In cooperation with others in the business, compile specification documents for internal use and external tender processes
• Highly motivated, target-driven self-starter
• Confidence in speaking about and selling digital media
• Fully computer literate and numerate using packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Ad Servers (Dart/ OpenX) and mailing systems
• Show understanding of best social media and its advertising implications
• The ability to work to tight deadlines and manage a diverse range of simultaneous projects
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to present at a senior level
• Ability to plan and prioritise duties and responsibilities whilst working to tight deadlines
• A passion for theatre and the performing arts
• An understanding of online analytics tools including Google Analytics and Omniture
• Experience of managing online projects and interacting with designers and developers
To apply, email a CV and covering letter to Terri Paddock (email@example.com), Managing and Editorial Director, Whatsonstage.com, to arrive no later than 9.30am on Friday 24 August 2012. Your covering letter must include details of your current or most recent salary and any notice period to which you are subject.