2 replies to this topic

#1 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Can anyone tell me the name of the song from 1:35 in the trailer for the 2008 UK tour of "The Witches Of Eastwick" - I have downloaded the album but cant find the song on it??

#2 isleofmusicals

isleofmusicals

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

The song is called 'Daryl Van Horne' and was a replacement of 'I love a little town'.  Unfortuntately a lot of the score, as recorded on the OLC album, and the libretto of the original production at Theatre Royal Drury Lane was replaced.

The original production truly was one of my favourite nights ever spent in the theatre.  It might have been to many people's taste but I thought it was a hysterical, funny, touching and visually stunning production.  Having said that I enjoyed the tour with Marti Pellow (who was excellent), but overall still felt the production was a pale comparison of the original.

#3 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

View Postisleofmusicals, on 20 August 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

The song is called 'Daryl Van Horne' and was a replacement of 'I love a little town'.  Unfortuntately a lot of the score, as recorded on the OLC album, and the libretto of the original production at Theatre Royal Drury Lane was replaced.

The original production truly was one of my favourite nights ever spent in the theatre.  It might have been to many people's taste but I thought it was a hysterical, funny, touching and visually stunning production.  Having said that I enjoyed the tour with Marti Pellow (who was excellent), but overall still felt the production was a pale comparison of the original.

Thank you so much!! dissapointed it hasnt been recorded, looked for it on iTunes but cant find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users