ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostTitan, on 24 August 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

It's pricey, and with no names they are up against it

Hmm, I don't know, top price is £50 isn't it? It could have been in the forties I would say, but musicals need to make money to run, they can't have a top price of £30 anymore. The problem is, if they don't charge enough they don't make money, but if they charge too much, people won't see it and they still won't make money. Still, it's cheaper than Betty Blue Eyes and I expect they'll do dayseats.

#12 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

For its market I'd say an avenue q pricing structure would have been better. At least they avoided the 60 bracket

#13 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostTitan, on 24 August 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

For its market I'd say an avenue q pricing structure would have been better. At least they avoided the £60 bracket

However we are several years on from the Avenue Q price structure launch so I suspect a touch of inflation isn't too surprising?

#14 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Yeah but on tour avenue q is similar structure, and they will end up selling at discount anyway. Even if top price had been 45, psychologically it looks better than 50.

The avenue q (and the Donmar seasons) have had a very simple structure so you could have something like 10, 25, 35, 45 for example.

#15 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

Yeah - fair point. I guess they have their reasons, I presume they are working on the basis that a higher initial price does allow them to discount comparatively deeper to achieve the same return.

Most people respond well to a discount, after all.

#16 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Maybe they simply need to make more money?

#17 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Does the Loserville website (http://loservillemusical.tv/) actually say anything about the show?  Who's in it, what it's about, production shots from the previous production, sound clips.... anything?  It just seems to be a picture, and a link to tickets, or FB and Twitter!

#18 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

The cast is on the nimax site http://www.nimaxthea...tre/loserville/

#19 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

So is Aaron Sidwell the celebrity replacement for Gareth Gates?

#20 Danube

Danube

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Aaron was in the Leeds production, he plays the lead/hero, Michael Dork.  He was quite good when I saw it, but I was pleased when I saw him tweeting about going for singing lessons and vocal coaching with the (really rather excellent) Eliza Hope Bennett, who plays the female lead, Holly.  The other, sort of name is "Lil' Chris", who had a brief pop, playing support for Busted at one point, then going into tv presenting.  Not well known to the general public, but fairly well known to the fans of Busted who are being targetted.

The person taking over Eddie from Gareth Gates isn't a name, but his parents are seemingly fairly well known in theatre circles.  I forget who they are, but I do remember Mark Shenton getting all excited about the discovery.

I'm assuming they have something up their sleeves, because they rushed it into the West End, and were late announcing it.  Aaron's stint in Eastenders should give him access to the PR circuit, along with James Bourne.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users