160 replies to this topic

#131 young offender

young offender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

I have said it before, but sustaining a three-month run in the West End would be counted a success if Loserville were a play. Still, I assume that investment was higher than for (say) Our Boys, even without any big names in the cast or jukebox royalties to pay.  It’s good to see producers taking risks with new shows, but it’s still a real head-scratcher that anyone saw this working in London.

#132 Moley

Moley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Gigs, Travelling

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Saw Loserville on Saturday and really enjoyed it:)  A good cast (both leads and ensemble), predictable but feel-good story, fun set and catchy songs...I'm still singing some of them.   For the matinee the upper level was shut, dress circle maybe half full and I'm not sure about the stalls.  The audience was made up of all ages and everyone left with a smile on their face!  It's not a bad show and I'm sad to hear that its closing.

#133 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Charlotte Harwood made a brilliant Holly. Her voice is phenomenal! <3

There were literally 100 people in the stalls :/ so sad. But if it bothered the cast, they didn't show it. So much energy.

#134 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Heavily discounted tonight, front row dress circle just 15 from the box office. Perfect view for a perfect show. I loved it, just absolutely loved it. Yes it's geeky, predictable and only mildly funny, but it's got such a great feel good factor that you can't help but enjoy it.

Best might at the theatre I've had in such a long time - even if it was by accident (turned up to watch Kiss Me Kate and it doesn't even start until tomorrow!).

After seeing the show, I think they promoted it perfectly - comparing it to Grease, The IT Crowd and Glee is absolutely right (with a hint of America Pie thrown in!).

It's a shame this is closing, but the young audience this is trying to appeal to just aren't prepared to pay 45 for a night at the theatre.

Definitely seeing this again before it closes.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#135 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Very encouraging, KevinUK - thanks for this timely post.  I didn't know there might be a deal for evenings and couldn't risk travelling on the off-chance anyway, but I've now booked the matinee deal and am looking forward to the show.

#136 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostQuincyMD, on 11 November 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

I'll pay you to go and see Wicked ;) :ph34r:
Can you pay for me too? :P

#137 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Small but appreciative audience this afternoon, who definitely got more into it as the show went on - always pleasing.

Stalls certainly had less than 150 people, couldn't see what was going on in the Dress Circle (however I saw some people walking about up there), the Grand was unsurprisingly closed.

It's a shame the production never found its feet (though, as others have said, it was a long shot) - it's good quality and easy going fun. Well, it is if you're predisposed to not minding light rock. I think it would do well on tour (if James Bourne was sent a week ahead to build up awareness), however it seems the producers have put a complete stop to that idea, according to facebook.

#138 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Are tickets heavily discounted now at the box office? Website still listing original prices.

#139 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

If you buy from the box office (definitely on the day, not too sure about in advance) you'll most certainly get a discount. They seem to be selling a lot for £10

#140 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Great, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users