160 replies to this topic

#141 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Really enjoyed this earlier in the week.
Tiny audience but hugely energetic cast. I loved the cartoony bits of set, the fabulous choreography and most the songs.

Agree with this thread the book is the major problem its just dosent run well.
It also needs bigger numbers to end each act, the songs just dont build and so end abruptly.

I really hate the Garrick, not been there for a good while and whilst I knew it has awful sightlines I had forgotten how much outside noise gets in and the tube rumbles,

#142 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I saw the matinee today and could echo Jaqs' comment "tiny audience but hugely energetic cast".  And yes, the tube could be heard rumbling, but everyone seemed to be having a good time and the cast still appeared to be giving their all, half-empty house or not.  I hope it picks up over Xmas and New Year, even if it is ending, as it would make a good family outing and there are good deals on offer compared to those for other, perhaps more obvious shows.

#143 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Saw the matinee yesterday - the show is now doing day seats, front row for £20.

My second visit in 2 weeks, and it was surprisingly full! Even the gallery was open.  Still love this show, might get a 3rd show in before it closes.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#144 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

To anyone still planning to see this (or revisit), the day seats sound like a good deal but the FB one is better(£15)  and has the advantage of advance booking.  And I've heard of other, even better, intermittent deals, though if the show is doing better, there may be fewer of the latter.

#145 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

View Postfringefan, on 03 December 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

To anyone still planning to see this (or revisit), the day seats sound like a good deal but the FB one is better(£15)  and has the advantage of advance booking.  And I've heard of other, even better, intermittent deals, though if the show is doing better, there may be fewer of the latter.
whats the FB one I havent seen that .. I have their FB page but cant see that deal ..  any pointer would be appreciated

#146 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

When I booked, it was £15 best available (and I got centre of row, near front stalls) if you quoted "FANDAY" online (as I booked) or by 'phone.  This was supposed to be valid for the rest of the run and any perf, so try it and see if the website will still accept it.

#147 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

View Postfringefan, on 03 December 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

When I booked, it was £15 best available (and I got centre of row, near front stalls) if you quoted "FANDAY" online (as I booked) or by 'phone.  This was supposed to be valid for the rest of the run and any perf, so try it and see if the website will still accept it.
thanks but sadly that code doesn't work any longer but I will just go along on the day - not paying £45 on their website !

#148 Old Man of theatre

Old Man of theatre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm afraid I hated this show.

So much so, I left at the interval.

No redeeming factor at all for me, sorry, just my opinion.

I'm now going into hiding.

#149 timbo

timbo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Did anyone go to last night's final performance? How was it?

#150 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

I went last Friday and absolutely loved it! Such a shame it's now closed, it was just cheesy, feel-good theatre at its best. It wasn't trying to be anything it wasn't. I came out of the theatre smiling and humming the tunes.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users