160 replies to this topic

#91 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

I did hear November mentioned for some form of release on Loserville's facebook page, however I am not 100% sure if that is a full cast recording or what exactly.

#92 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Anyone know if those in the Upper Circle are being upgraded?

#93 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

if it helps anyone this wednesday (7th Nov ) the MATINEE is a fan event - every seat in the theatre is £15 ( no booking fees) with a q&a with James Bourne after the show - enter code FANDAY on the official website ( nimax) for this deal

#94 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Seeing this tomorrow. Very excited! I've no idea what to expect with this show!

#95 HammerToFall

HammerToFall

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Saw this last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Stalls were less than half full, dress looked mostly empty and upper circle was closed. Can't see it lasting until Christmas which is a shame because I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a new show so much.

#96 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostHammerToFall, on 06 November 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Saw this last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Stalls were less than half full, dress looked mostly empty and upper circle was closed. Can't see it lasting until Christmas which is a shame because I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a new show so much.

Sadly, that could have been predicted weeks ago - the reviews (from our press' broad mix of almost exclusively middle-aged, middle-class, Caucasian male pool of reviewers) didn't do the show any favours - despite new, British productions being something the industry is supposedly crying out for.

#97 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

I don't think their own advertising has helped much - all the adverts on the underground " Do you like Glee ? "...  " Do You like Grease ? " - I hate Glee and I don't even see the connection to Grease ..  but I really enjoyed Loserville ...  Glee is cover versions with questionable voices ! Loserville is not cover versions ..  so if you answer NO to those adverts then you have already lost potential customers and given them the wrong opinion !

#98 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

View Postlesterf, on 06 November 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

I don't think their own advertising has helped much - all the adverts on the underground " Do you like Glee ? "...  " Do You like Grease ? " - I hate Glee and I don't even see the connection to Grease ..  but I really enjoyed Loserville ...  Glee is cover versions with questionable voices ! Loserville is not cover versions ..  so if you answer NO to those adverts then you have already lost potential customers and given them the wrong opinion !

But with no anchor to hang it on (besides playing up the Busted/Sons of Dork link), how else are they meant to publicise it? I agree that some of the choices for the campaign have been questionable, however we can't doubt they've spent a lot of money in trying to make it work.

#99 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

I don't think the Busted / Sons of Dork are any kind of selling point - especially for the overseas market which is a LOT of the west end .. I am no advertising marketer but grabbers like " Original new musical full of enthusiasm and originality " or " this much energy will leave you exhausted " .. " scenery and energy that you will never have seen before " something that grabs your attention or curiosity  ??

#100 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

View Postlesterf, on 06 November 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

I don't think the Busted / Sons of Dork are any kind of selling point - especially for the overseas market which is a LOT of the west end .. I am no advertising marketer but grabbers like " Original new musical full of enthusiasm and originality " or " this much energy will leave you exhausted " .. " scenery and energy that you will never have seen before " something that grabs your attention or curiosity  ??

True - hopefully when they refresh the posters they will have press quotes on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users